Overall Satisfaction with Matillion
Matillion is being used in our company as an ELT tool. We load data into it from various sources, such as Salesforce, NetSuite, etc. We are exploring more such options, from there we can pull the data into matillion. Once in matillion, we transform this data using various components provided by the matillion tool to modify the data as we need. Then, once all the modification are in place we load the data into Snowflake which is our data warehouse
- Data extraction is really quick and hassle-free.
- Transformation is very easy to perform as it provides an elaborate list of components that can be used to create and optimize your query.
- Scheduling is very manageable and easy to monitor and review.
- UI is very user-friendly, every component and sub-component can be understood by the help option provided as a hyperlink.
- There can definitely be some improvements w.r.t the NetSuite orchestration component. We have had lots of trouble connecting it to Matillion during POC.
- Although the UI is quite user-friendly there is room for much improvement.
- There should be requirement specific customized training before a company starts working with Matillion. We got general training which definitely benefited us, I just think a more project-specific training would have been more useful
- So far it is hard to tell whether Matillion has had a negative impact on our business objectives since we have been using Matillion for less than a year
Matillion had a great graphic user interface experience. There are plenty of components to work with. There is a huge learning curve with this tool. Also, these questions are getting a little redundant.
So far, wherever we needed Matillion to provide service to us w.r.t size, it has not disappointed. It can extract transform and load data of any size, though it takes some time to run data with more than a million rows. Then again, as I have said before, there is always room for more improvement
Teradata is basically an SQL tool from where we manage the database. Matillion is a whole other ELT tool on which we can work on independent from the warehouse. It is also much cheaper and installation charges are much less. Informatica is very similar to Matillion in terms of usage, but I feel Matillion is more user-friendly in comparison.
Matillion is well suited for all such projects where there is a need for extraction transformation and loading made easy. You can avoid the long cumbersome SQLs by using the various components provided by matillion. It is a fresh new tool which has a lot of potential and a lot of exploring is still required.