Overall Satisfaction with Miro
Miro is used at our department majorly but is available across the organization. We use majorly to collaborate on different problems and solutions across the teams. I personally use it to build workflows and bring visual experience while conveying a problem and a solution to the stakeholders. It is quite easy to quickly build workflow diagrams.
- Convenience, it is convenient to build diagrams in Miro. I use it for building solution workflows.
- Collaboration, sharing diagrams with stakeholders to get quick reviews and understand feasibility issues are really useful and help coordination across geographies.
- Easy to use, very easy to learn and use, has no learning curve, and helps get things done quickly with more productive time left at work.
- I personally faced a sign-in issue in the beginning, it kept giving me a pop-up that the organization has a license and requested a license. Challenges are in big organizations it is difficult to identify whom to contact, in such case a link or email of admin in the org would help get it resolved quickly.
- I felt the library still lacks some creative icons or blocks which makes diagrams less intuitive. If you can add more icons to your library, that will be great.
- Improved productivity improved.
- Quicker decision making and saved time getting wasted in meetings.
- Delivery time improved.
- I feel it still needs to reduce the sign-in barrier in the initial stage and promote software within org to encourage more employees to use it.
Do you think Miro delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Miro's feature set?
Did Miro live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Miro go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Miro again?