Overall Satisfaction with ON24
Mediasource Inc uses ON24 for both self-service and full-service webcasts, and for full service virtual events. The webcasts are both educational and promotional in nature. The virtual events mimic physical conferences, blending presentations and exhibits. The platform is currently being used by one division of the company. For our attendees, ON24 addresses the issue of access to professional development without the expense of travel, and time away from the office. For our presenters, it is a low impact way for them to reach 1000's of interested librarians and educators, without having to travel. The same goes for our sponsors.
- Customer service from webcast managers and admin is exceptional
- The platform is easy to use, with an intuitive user interface
- Reporting and analysis is a snap, easy to manipulate online and download
- Very responsive to enhancement requests
- Getting production quotes completed by ON24 sales can be slow and tedious
- Webcam functionality is very basic
- Would like to have agendas for scheduled work-in-process calls
- Additional service to offer clients who are looking for the next cool thing to do with their marketing dollars
- Created greater visibility for the company and its staff
- Leads can be qualified and used quickly and efficiently
ON24 offers more of everything in terms of features and service. With 6 years of experience working with our company, they understand our needs and quirks, and are willing to work with us to create innovative and unique events with and for our clients. We recently went through a top to bottom review and comparison with another leading company, and ON24 still came out on top.
It's very well suited for virtual presentations, live or on-demand, to large audiences where a high level of interaction is desired. If all that is needed is a place to show PowerPoint presentations to a limited audience, ON24 would be overkill. Key questions - cost, features (webcam, screen share), customization options, self-service options, IT compatibility with local apps, software, bandwidth needs.
When our contract renewal came up in the spring, ON24 held costs down and offered some concessions that will make using the self-service system more attractive for us. Also offered training for new employees (and retraining for those that needed it!). Their staff seems to stay around for a long time, and that is a good indicator of company stability.
In a virtual event with over 1000 people attending live, we had only two complaints from attendees about tech issues. The interface for both presenters and attendees is very friendly and intuitive, and encourages exploration of the console, leading to discovery of resources and features.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Pushing slides
- Using the Q&A feature
- Attending on-demand presentations
- Group chat in the presentation module
- Webcam hand-off is a bit kludgy
- Screen-share functionality is good, but not well-explained
- Sponsors find booth set-up a bit complicated