Overall Satisfaction with ON24
ON24 is used across the legal and regulatory business for a variety of purposes, both internal and external-facing. We use it to run professional training for continuing legal education (CLE) credits, as well as to launch and advertise new products. For my division (legal education/law school business) specifically, we use the platform to allow the authors of our casebooks to present to an audience of peers on a topic of interest related to the course area(s) for which they [are] writing learning material. The platform easily facilitates audience engagement via the Q&A widget and is helpful for storing the video for future use.
- Modular applet design for both presenter and audience
- Presenter UI
- Freezing (sometimes a presenter's page will freeze while live)
- Audio skipping (audio fidelity can drop with 3+ presenters on at once, even when using good mic etiquette)
- It would be helpful if there were more options within the media player feed for presenter side-by-side video
- Help with lead generation
- Ease renewals or roll existing customers to new product versions
- Recordings of webinars can be used for residual lead generation by showcasing registration links product web copy after sessions conclude
- Integrate with CRM/marketing automation software
- Conduct lead scoring
- Track registration and attendance
- Enable sales follow-up
My division of the overall legal and regulatory group here at WK only started using the ON24 platform during the pandemic. But the easy wins it has enabled by allowing us to showcase our thought leaders to crowds of widely varying sizes has been a huge help in staying in touch with customers we might miss while traveling to college campuses is prohibited, and our product managers and reps are working remotely.
At the end of the day, it doesn't seem like it is a platform designed for internal meetings or that necessarily addresses the needs of every business unit. The marketing automation and data side are nice, but the actual video presentation environment could use some technical improvements to be on par with glossier competitors.
ON24 is easier for audiences to parse than most of the platforms above except Zoom, but it does a better job of providing a one-way communications channel that we can use to convert audience members into new business. I was not involved in the purchasing decision but appreciate the features available to us.
Do you think ON24 delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with ON24's feature set?
Did ON24 live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of ON24 go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy ON24 again?
It works well for one-directional presentations to large audiences in the vein of Webex or Teams Live but is a slightly better choice for external-facing communications due to value/price. Easy to manage Q&A and troubleshoot in the team chat without compromising video feed. It would not be particularly useful in meetings requiring a high degree of interactivity/audience participation.