Overall Satisfaction with Pardot Marketing Automation
Pardot is our primary source for marketing automation e-blasts, as well as form fills on our website, as well as industry resources. It is used on behalf of the whole company, however it is primarily controlled within our department. It helps as a lead generation capturing tool. We take information received through things such as form fills and it interacts with our internal system.
- E-blasts created via traditional html as well as preformated templates created in the department both work well with the interface.
- Can easily find instant feedback, like open rates, click throughs, etc.
- It is easy to filter through previously sent emails with the integrated tagging system.
- List functionality and segmentation can get very confusing and is not easy to grasp.
- Ideally you should be able to open a sent email and have a link to the "View this email online" to make sending old examples within the department or outside the company a breeze.
- Copying out the html code from within the sent email panel would be great. I don't always want or am ready to send a new email, so the current way to get to it is copy the email and pretend like you are sending a new one before you can preview the code it was created with.
Ultimately this product isn't the best option for our company. However the transition from one to the other has not been an easy process.
This is definitely meant for a well trained web developer. Ideally I would like to see lots of back end possibilities, but better usability for those with minimal code training. I think the release of the visual editing helped, but still is a bit clumsy. I would not recommend for a small company, you would be better off using MailChimp for the infrequent user.