Overall Satisfaction with Quick Base
The system is currently being utilized by multiple departments within our organization. We use it as a customer master database along with a document and resource library. Each of our tasks and responsibilities are created and maintained within the Quickbase application.
- Management at the Task Level - We are able to assign and track status updates via Quickbase for a real-time implementation plan.
- Shared Resources - We store documents that are utilized amongst multiple departments in one library for ease of access.
- Communication - We are able to store communication information in the system which allows each involved team member to be kept in the loop throughout our process.
- Formulas in Quickbase are hard to create. If they could be more in line with something like Excel, that would be tremendously helpful.
- Report Formatting is not very user-friendly. We have been utilizing Exact Forms, but they are still limited.
- Interfacing with other systems has been improving, but not at the speed we hoped for. There is still a lot of manual work being done.
- Mobile Applications would be great as well. For now, we create shortcut forms and send out individual links, but an actual app would be amazing!
Overall, our company has been able to achieve this. We have multiple departments using the solution and based on user access, functions have become much easier to maintain with recent upgrades.
Prior to Quickbase, we utilized mostly internal tracking via spreadsheets and such. This is definitely a much better system as there is much less duplication in efforts or creation of tracking materials.
- Building and deploying business applications faster
- Improving our ability to drive insights from our data
- Improving collaboration across one or more teams
- Solving a specific business challenge
- Building and deploying an application (or multiple applications) that meets our exact needs
I believe if we allowed Quickbase to create more of our functions, this would certainly be achieved in a much simpler process, however on a scale of 1-10, with our team trying to build out our own functions, I’d give it a 7.
I've never been a system maintenance person prior to Quickbase. I can say that with the proper training (Kirk Trachy is my SUPERMAN) it isn't too difficult to understand in the sense of the basic maintenance. More in-depth functions like the button programming or the formulas take more time, but all in all, I think it's definitely good for something that is new to the developing world.
I’ve revised several of the applications from the library and have had much success. I use it personally to track and manage my annual MBOs and was very impressed with how similar several existing applications were for my needs.