Scale Computing -> Best Value
Updated April 29, 2021
Scale Computing -> Best Value
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Scale Computing HC3
Scale Computing is being used as our primary server cluster across the whole organization. We have it hosting 20+ servers. It's very easy to use and virtually maintenance free. It has freed up a lot of my time, to be honest, I don't even think about it anymore because it just works.
- Setting up and provisioning a new VM is super simple.
- I come from a VMWare environment but the Scale UI is very easy to understand. I can imagine for someone new they would be able to learn the task of managing the cluster very easily.
- Snapshots and clones are processed super fast.
- I would like to be able to see actual disk availability instead of the raw number of TB.
- The ability to copy and paste from your local machine to a VM seems like missing functionality, it is very useful to have.
- I guess it's not a problem specifically with Scale, probably more with KVM and backup vendors but I really did enjoy having a backup system that worked across the whole hypervisor, it just simplified things a lot.
- I would like to see the breakdown of the VMs and the amount of RAM they are consuming changed a bit. If its a VM with less than 6 GB it doesn't show on the dashboard. Maybe if it was a pie chart it would be easier? Not sure but just something different would be nice so you could see all the VMs.
Support is top notch! Every time I have had to call I spoke to someone knowledgeable, and friendly. I can't remember a time when I got off the phone and my problem wasn't solved. Their tech support is one of the biggest reasons I recommend Scale, it gives me so much confidence in the company.
We run in-house Exchange, SQL, MySQL, and Apache web servers. They run flawlessly. The only problems I have are with the individual applications themselves, never at the infrastructure level. When I bought the system they didn't have SSD out yet, so I can't speak about the ability to portion out the SSD across VMs but it looks super awesome!
- The biggest impact Scale has had is on my time. I really don't even think about the infrastructure anymore. It has really freed me up to handle other important matters.
- It's also very nice to know that when I need to upgrade or refresh in the future, I can just swap out servers and have minimal, or no downtime.
Each system I evaluated has its own strengths and weaknesses. I ended up choosing Scale because of the features and the price. I feel Scale has the best value for the money. I also like to support smaller businesses and I feel that you often get better customer support, which is what I have experienced in this situation as well.
I feel Scale Computing is well suited for any small or medium business that needs more than 1 physical server. The ease of use and capabilities of the cluster are really unmatched for the price. I like how all the features are included for one price. I could even see it being used in a larger enterprise environment.
User Experience with Scale Computing
Do you think Scale Computing Platform delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Scale Computing Platform's feature set?
Did Scale Computing Platform live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Scale Computing Platform go as expected?
Would you buy Scale Computing Platform again?
The Scale Computing product is very easy to use, and intuitive. Often times I dont have a need to log into the cluster for a month or more, but when I do, I have no problem remembering where i need to go to complete various tasks. I really do just set the system up and forget it. Their are a few areas of the UI I would change or freshen up, but other than that I am totally satisfied with the offering
Scale Computing's support is top notch! Hands down, one of the best companies I have ever worked with, from a support perspective. I cant remember a time when I was connected with a technician that was not thoroughly knowledgeable on their platform. Each time I have called, the issue was resolved in minutes. There was only one time when I called and was connected with an operator, most likely from a third party, who didnt really know the product. After I was connected to an actual technician, all was well again