Overall Satisfaction with Schoology
Hebrew College uses Schoology in all of its departments including its high school program and adult ed program. Being able to teach and share programming globally is a core mission of the College and Schoology aids the college to meet its mission. In addition, we can hire top notch faculty across the globe without the ensuring costs of having the professor on campus. Schoology also has created opportunities for faculty to learn from other users - over 18 million users to date! As such, pedagogy, reflective practice and networking is at an all-time high.
- Intuitive platform. Based on Facebook, the usability of the program is fairly easy for all learning groups, from those in their 90s to their early teens.
- Flexibility. The ability to embed 3rd party apps allows students to have a more enhanced learning experience and for all types of learners to access the material.
- Community. Through groups and discussion boards all stakeholder groups (teachers, students) can learn from one another and create CoPs.
- Flexibility. The ability to embed many 3rd party apps to enhance the learning experience allows for numerous possibilities when it comes to student output and learning.
- Mobile. Schoology's app allows for students and teachers to work remotely thus truly flattening the traditional classroom walls.
- Community. Having access to 18 million users creates opportunities to have several CoPs (communities of practice) and build their PLNs (personalized learning networks).
- Increased enrollment globally by 500% since we began using it because it is a global LMS.
- Pushed pedagogic practices to be inline with best practices.
- Creates a warehouse of the College's resources in a digital mobile accessible platform.
Schoology is more robust than Google Classroom as it can track student progress and connect University criteria to student objectives. It has more capabilities than Blackboard.
Schoology is useful for creating meaningful learning and collaborative opportunities. It is also a place to find educational resources and experts in a variety of fields. While its entry into business learning is nascent, the potential is there for businesses to use Schoology for training purposes.