Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor
We use SolarWinds to monitor our whole company infrastructure. We currently have over 200 nodes being monitored, around 300 components monitored with SAM, and around 500 components monitored with NPM. It regularly helps me identify performance issues as well as faults in both hardware and application levels.
- Easy to use.
- Super flexible and customizable as far as alerting and reporting.
- A small footprint.
- I cannot customize license levels.
- It's expensive.
- It takes support a long time to get back to you.
- Managing hardware and software issues more effectively.
- Reducing downtime and surprises when something goes bad.
- It helps me triage issues and manage time and resources more effectively.
- It helps me prevent issues before they are an issue.
- It helps me see where resources are being underutilized and where they are being exhausted for better load balancing as far as a Virtual Environment.
- DPA is awesome!
It's really good at monitoring availability, and the database performance monitor is excellent in identifying issues with queries, bad queries, long queries etc. You can monitor resources, like who's doing what and how long it's taking, etc. I can't find anything that applies to my setup that I can say is not appropriate. I have customized it quite uniquely to our environment.