TriNet is great but needs a few tweaks
April 15, 2022
TriNet is great but needs a few tweaks
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with TriNet
We use TriNet as a payroll and benefits platform. We are able to have TriNet work with various states' different payroll requirements in order to ensure proper taxation and benefits administration.
- Customer Service
- ease of finding reports
- ease of accessing personal and employee payroll information
- I recently had an issue where an employee was terminated, then rehired. Upon entering payroll to pay for unpaid wages the employee was owed, the payroll seemed to go through properly. It was only after I was to finalize payroll that it was discovered this employee's hours were changed by TriNet without notifying me first. The payroll was finalized without me being able to address the issue in time. I had to contact customer service immediately. The issue was resolved, but notifying me of a change primary to this becoming an issue would have been ideal. It was stressful. We also had to pay an additional fee to make sure the employee was paid correctly
- I understand that the portal platform is being enhanced, but the "contacts" section on the website is hard to find. The layout of the portal platform is not attractive and it seems like you really need to hunt for what you're looking for.
- Customer service upon the first phone call is great, but once the initial problem is introduced, the individual that you spoke to through customer service will contact you again via email with a general email address. If I have to call again, I get another customer service rep who then has to track down the original rep in order to resolve the problem. Having a dedicated rep for a company used to be the norm. Now we are just handed off to anyone, then having to go through many reps just go find the original person who handled the situation in the first place. I would prefer a phone call back from the original person who worked on an issue or at least an email with their personal email address or phone extension. Again, regarding the payroll issue I had this week, I had to talk to a few different reps to make sure the issue was handled on time, and I was originally brought back to the first one I spoke with (via email). Phone calls would have been much more expedient, and TriNet seems to rely heavily on email. It felt pointless for me to continue calling because I would have had to describe the issue again to anyone that answered the call. This is very frustrating.
The TriNet team is very friendly. I would recommend a dedicated person to each company that uses TriNet or at least a personal email address and phone extension when having to call back. The customer service rep who originally handled an issue always has to be tracked down. This is such a waste of time. Phone calls back instead of handling everything through email is much more expedient and a better level of service.
The portal needs work. Sometimes it's hard to find what you're looking for and the overall appearance of the website is not attractive. The contacts portion is hidden below and is covered up by a small window that seems to pop up for some reason, and there's no scroll bar on the menu to realize that you need to scroll down to find it. You really have to hunt for it on the admin side.
- TriNet handles our Benefits Administration beautifully
- TriNet handles different state taxation and unemployment insurance requirements which have dramatically reduced my time in doing so
Do you think TriNet delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with TriNet's feature set?
Did TriNet live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of TriNet go as expected?
Would you buy TriNet again?
I love that TriNet provides benefits and payroll services. It freed up a lot of my time in having to deal with benefits questions that I may not necessarily be able to answer and various states' different payroll taxation.
TriNet Feature Ratings
18 - payroll and benefits
2 - admin and company partner
- retirement account funding