Pros reaching Ultimate Goals!!
- Payroll / HR / Time Management / Performance Management / Recruitment
Overall Satisfaction with UltiPro
- Ultimate Software is a very well designed payroll system.
- Ultimate Software offers training to get started and continued support as you progress with the software.
- Ultimate Software has a highly trained staff of employees.
- Ultimate Software's HR module has seen enhancements in the past couple of years. There are features that seem difficult.
- The functionality in Life Events could be enhanced. It would be nice to be able to enter a Qualified Life Event prior to the effective date of the Life Event. Our employees like to know they have made a Life Event change in their medical, dental or vision benefits in time to possibly receive their new insurance cards prior to the true effective date. As it is right now, we must wait until the actual date of the Qualified Life Event to even enter the request in UltiPro. Also, there is no option to select a Life Event for an employee who is currently Active but was not enrolled in medical because, by law, he/she is under age 26 which allows the parent to carry the "dependent child" until the end of the month they turn age 26. Once our employee does turn age 26, we need to enroll him/her in our coverage and there is no Life Event election to cover this situation. It would be very beneficial to have this option added to the Life Event.
- It concerns me greatly to find there is no history in UltiPro for benefit elections. Each January 1, the effective dates of Open Enrollment elections change to January 1 of that year. This would be fine if there was some way to see an employee's elections for prior years. Not having the capability to store history is a real hindrance and results in excess time to research when questions arise about benefits. An improvement in this area would be a very welcomed enhancement.
- Business Intelligence is an exciting feature of Ultimate Software. The BI support staff is very patient and kind to assist those of us who are not experts in Excel. I'm sure those who are experts enjoy the endless capabilities offered there. Opportunities for learning and growth in BI are especially welcomed when needs for reports arise. Ultimate Software has well trained and experienced staff who understand what you are talking about when requesting custom reports.
UKG Pro Feature Ratings
UltiPro's HR module is used by Hooker Furniture as our online enrollment system. Every employee is assigned an individual login so they can personally enter their demographic and contact information. Life Events are handled individually by the employee through UltiPro's online enrollment system.
There are 3 divisions within Hooker Furniture. Each division's HR department enters new hires, rehires, transfers, terminations, etc. There are approximately 10 HR employees total between the 3 divisions. Business Intelligence is used by HR employees as well as our IS Department and Accounting Department. Our Payroll Administrator uses UltiPro and Business Intelligence is a major part of her work..Our supervisors use UltiPro Time Management and Performance Management.
UltiPro support individuals are all of our Human Resources staff which includes our HR Managers and their support teams as well as our plant supervisors within the company and its subsidiaries.
Our Accounting Department utilizes UltiPro daily for Payroll and Tax Management and is therefore heavily involved with ULtiPro.
Our Information Services / Information Technology Department is support for UltiPro as well.
Please remember individual employees may be assigned different roles which results in varying degrees of access to certain programs within ULtiPro. Therefore, our employees in the departments mentioned can utilize UltiPro and be a support to others as they have been granted access.
Evaluating UltiPro and Competitors
Thank you for asking this question. In my work with UltiPro, I have to go back to 2012 when our company became live with UltiPro as our online enrollment provider. I work in Human Resources in the area of our monthly billings for our benefit vendors. Our life benefit products were at that time and continue to remain covered by CIGNA Group Life Insurance Company. During the year 2011 when the setup for our company with UltiPro was done, there was no provision made for the necessary report to enable our monthly billing for CIGNA to be handled.
I reached out to UltiPro through Business Intelligence in an effort to have a report created. Ultimately, our needs required a Custom Report to be generated by UltiPro. A copy of the exact information and setup required by CIGNA was provided to UltiPro. The consultant in Business Intelligence who assisted me in this case was excellent. He created from scratch a report that we continue to successfully use.
Even this year when a few of the rates were increased, UltiPro's Business Intelligence team came to my rescue. I consider UltiPro to be completely at the top of the scale for configurability.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Ultimate Software's Benefits and Compensation Lead Consultant, Trisha (Strickland) Steere, PHR, provided excellent support for us as we initially were introduced to this product as well as continued support throughout the following years. Specifically, December 2014, Trisha was there for us when we were seeking help with Open Enrollment audits for our life products. Trisha supplied a report that allowed us to meet established timeframes required by our vendor to receive the changes elected by our employees during Open Enrollment. Having her willing support and expertise extended to us at that crucial time was wonderful!