Zendesk is our hub for knowing our customers and being customer driven in our businesshttps://www.trustradius.com/help-deskZendeskUnspecified8.35171012018-08-28T21:38:25.459Z
Updated August 28, 2018
Zendesk is our hub for knowing our customers and being customer driven in our business
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Zendesk
We use Zendesk to manage our inbound technical support, account support, technical services and requests from our contact page for communicating with users. We gather how to, bug reports and improvement requests from our users and are able to solve issues and track requests through a variety of systems we have integrated with. It is the central hub of how we interact with our customers when they reach out. In addition to traditional ticketing, we use to to tag users for early visibility testing in various areas of our product as well as a portal to our entire company to view and see tickets related to issues we may be solving in other areas of our business. Management, Development, Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, Quality Assurance, and even with our trusted partners, Zendesk is how we measure and organize all of our communications from our free, paid and educational users.
- Extensibility into so many other areas of our business. Allowing us to build targets to accept triggered responses in a number of data formats from custom recipes allows us to make Zendesk update and notify other systems on demand in realtime avoiding costly polling automation scripts.
- API and App frameworks are also very well implemented and provide a framework to build custom applications to call our Zendesk account to perform automation and updates as well as build specific tools right inside the product while our agents are working. This can be very helpful since they have a marketplace that allows many other services to also integrate here.
- They tend to move slowly to integrate new options to the API but overall are pretty responsive.. Understanding the API is a far less used part of their platform as a whole.
- We were grandfathered into the unlimited light agents.. but I think that access has been limited as of today.
- Zendesk allows us to manage a large influx of customer created tickets, auto generated tickets, customer success and technical service tickets with a very small core group of support agents. (able to ramp our tools instead of our headcount)
- In our case 40% of our support can be solved in one transaction with the user because we have been able to integrate a number of tools to allow the user to submit screenshots and markup with detailed descriptions, extract their local system data and be able to send them on their way with a solution fast. (Quality submissions reduce the number of back and forth with the customer)
- Zendesk is one of the special ingredients to our very high rated support response time. (Fast through put)
At Onshape we have used this from the start but personally I have used a number of tools that were much more a part of the CRM packages like Sage and Zoho CRM and both are lacking in the API, User interface customization and tools that you can integrate. Other systems like Desk and even JIRA Service Desk are more focused on ticketing but the power of integrations with partner applications and services are simply unmatched. If your company has many other systems, some of which may or may not be on the list of integrations, the best part is the API is there as a powerful way to build your systems to talk.
From the small to large business, there is very little I have found that is not possible with Zendesk. If there are tools you need to integrate with, they have it and what they might not (which is rare) you can build it either right inside of the Zendesk platform or use the API to extend it into every corner of the business. The biggest part of integrating a support tool is making sure that it does the basics very well and allows you to expand into where you are going. From supporting one single use case to multiple business segments and keeping it all tied together so integration to other platforms that are in use is all there. I also like the fact they have a nice low end package that allows for ticket sharing which can be a great way to get your partners to have an option to share tickets with them when you have shared customers.
Zendesk Feature Ratings
100 - Everyone from our support staff, development, operations, quality assurance, sales, marketing, management, customer success and technical services. This is essentially our entire company and with our Enterprise licensing we can have anyone have view access to tickets. This allows us to grant access to any teams where customer input is key to making positive changes to how we do business. Pre and post sales access to this conduit of feedback allows us to impact all employees and get everyone behind the customer-first attitude.
- Responding to feedback from users (ticket handling)
- Integration into our bug tracking software to keep both the user and our development team on issues that are pending. This also allows us to close ticket once we push updates that address these issue on our service. Closing the loop from submission to closure is key.
- Extensibility with Add on apps and the Apps Framework for adding in and building custom tools inside of Zendesk, mostly for agents.
- API for automating Zendesk.
- Custom integration built on top of their current JIRA integration allows us to keep both Zendesk and JIRA up to date and know how many customer tickets are attached to a JIRA issue. This continuous sync allows us to close the loop with users when bits are live on our service.
- Our forum is also integrated into Zendesk so we can pull tickets from our forum into Zendesk and provide technical assistance when we need to take something off line.
- Integration of our public voting site, which allows us to track users that are voting for improvements without having to submit tickets on their own.
- It could expand to other groups as we grown to manage their business segment of tickets.
- Having the API there is always new things we do to automate either ticket creation, update or communication to our users that are started from other tools in our organization
- The sky is the limit.
There has not been a reason to consider anything else as the core functions work perfectly for ticketing. Also Zendesk continues to focus on new functionality, growth of the API and Apps framework and add more partner application to the list. Not only will be renew but it is likely we will add seats as we grow and expand our customer focused teams.