Overall Satisfaction with Zoom
We use Zoom for many regular internal company meetings, individual meetings, presentations from potential portfolio companies, and more. We have moved on from room-based systems and replaced them with PCs. Zoom frees us from the cost of traditional video conferencing systems and brings their excellent quality video and screen sharing to the desktop.
- Dual screen streaming - the last time I checked, Zoom was the only company who did this well. Allows us to have video on one screen and shared content on another, making a huge difference to the utility of video conferencing in our meeting rooms.
- International dial-in bridge. Some competitors have this, but not many.
- Recording - the recording is simple, east and works.
- It would be nice to have a cut-down WebRTC interface for quick connection without having to download the client. I understand the issues with this route, but still, it would be nice on occasion.
- The desktop client has on occasion gotten confused when someone has it running but not logged in, then clicks on a Zoom URL. Not seen for some time, but a small worry.
- It would be better if the Zoom Room product could allow the use of the hosting PC for windows apps that could then be shared - the lack of this stops us using it, we stick with the standard Zoom product.
- A pay-as-you-use model for the H.323 bridge would be preferable to the subscription - we pay for it every month, but use it about 3 times a year.
- Significant reduction in the need to travel for less critical meetings
- Cost savings on conference room set ups
We'd be very unlikely to ever move away from Zoom to one of these or others unless something significant changed. The other products are fine, but Zoom is more than fine.
Great for flexible meeting room set up, great for desktop and mobile meetings.