Zoom Review 10 of 233
User Review: "Blast off with Zoom!"
January 09, 2019

User Review: "Blast off with Zoom!"

Score 8 out of 101

Software Version
Personal

Overall Satisfaction with Zoom

Zoom is used by individual teachers to participate in training sessions and webinars. We also use it to be able to bring in speakers that normally would not be able to come into our classrooms.
  • The controls for the Zoom while in the meeting are relatively easy to find and understand.
  • It is nice to be able to control how you see other members of the meeting.
  • The meeting invitation that is received before the meeting gives clear directions that are easy to follow.
  • As a school with limited budgets, we are currently using the free version so our recorded meeting length is limited. It would be nice to see that limit increased or removed.
  • I had one meeting where we joined through the invitation, but had no sound. We then had to also call into the meeting to be able to hear. There was no clear direction on why we had to this or what we could change.
  • It has allowed us to save money on bringing trainers to our school.
  • We have saved money on sending teachers to workshops when their is a comparable option using Zoom.
  • We are able to still conduct team meetings even when some might be away from the school.
I have participated in Zoom Rooms through my graduate school courses. These were a nice feature to be able to set-up class meeting times and to have a chance to meet with my professors in real time. It made my online courses feel more interactive and allowed for more participation.
I felt that Zoom had a better interface to work with when using it for business and school. Its appearance was more suited to professionals and business.
I have had the opportunity to use Zoom both at work and in graduate school. Zoom was a great tool to use to meet with my classmates when we were working on group projects. To be able to have those conversations in real time was very beneficial. It has also proven very helpful to bring training into our school district. It has allowed us to decrease expenses to bring in trainers to implement new programs.

Zoom Feature Ratings

Key Differentiators

• Product Features
  • Product Reputation
  • Prior Experience with the Product
We chose Zoom because of the prior experience of several members of our staff. We felt it would be easier to get the buy in from them if we went with something that was familiar. We also liked that we would have those staff already in the buildings to help those faculty who had never used it before. It helped us have a smooth transition.

Evaluation Lessons Learned

I honestly don't believe we would change anything about our process as it has worked out well for our school.

Using Zoom

Usability

Once I learned where the features and controls were, it was a very easy program to use. I have both participated in meetings and hosted sessions with Zoom. In fact, my second time using Zoom was as a host. It was very easy to set-up the meeting and invite people. I am glad that I now have access to this program.

Usability Pros and Cons

Feel confident using
Familiar
None

Easy Tasks

• It is easy to set-up a meeting and send invitations to participants.
  • It is very clear to see who is in attendance at the meeting.
  • The ability to control the sound and picture is very straight forward.