Reviews (76-96 of 96)
- Birst allows for greater visibility of data / reports. You are no longer limited to viewing critical reports only inside the firewall.
- Birst is able to easily integrate with data sources. We can quickly aggregate the data from multiple locations and build the reports we need for our business and our customers.
- Birst reports are highly scalable and agile. This makes the solution a prime BI solution that is maintained in the cloud.
- Their support staff needs to mature. If it's a minor issue, the support staff is quick to resolve it. Anything a bit more complicated seems to take a prolonged period of time.
- The help functions within the application need to be expanded upon. The details are extremely limited. If expanded upon, it may help cut back on the amount of tickets opened up with support.
- Combining multiple data sources
- ETL and reporting functionality
- Very simple mobile support (Tablet and Smartphone)
- Better GUI when scripting
- Fix bugs in the software much faster
- Have some kind of version control
- We are an OEM for the product... Compared to some other alternatives we explored, it does what it is supposed to do VERY WELL. Specifically, we tried working with GoodData dynamic schemas and run analytics on that. We had to build the schemas through an API. GoodData did not work for us either on the API side or the dynamic schema side.
- Easy to integrate, API for creating and managing spaces works as advertised. It could be improved and I understand they are making some changes. It would be great to have a more advanced API like a REST API that supports more functions, but they are working on adding what we need.
- It doesn't look as "sexy" as some of the other competitors in the space but it generates professional dashboards and reports. For example, the GoodData look and feel is more modern and appealing, and is better at exploiting advanced browser features, but Birst is just as functional.
- Dashboard design are pretty easy
- Predefined Geo-Reports (maps) for US Zip Codes.
- BirstConnect could be more assisted.
- Visualization limits (ie rows shown) cannot be modified.
- Lack of advanced security configuration to compose advanced security architectures.
It could not fit well if you have a complex security architecture in your organization.
- Birst has inbuilt application connectors for most common purposes - ERP/CRM etc.
- It comes as a single suite module from ETL to reporting and dashboards.
- The most important is Birst is a cloud based BI and can be accessed from anywhere anytime from mobiles/iPods/tablets and PCs.
- Have to provide functions to apply color palettes and themes based on individual users/clients
- Cloud based platform means lower cost and faster development.
- The visualizer tool is great for quickly producing visually stunning reports out of the box.
- Birst can build your BI warehouse for you which allows more time for designer and delivering reports.
- The layout tools in designer are hard to use if you try to modify the layout after you have already added content to the report.
- We will begin training on Birst next week and begin Blueprint the following week.
- Birst Support will be our SI on the project.
- Expect the major advantage will be one source of the Truth and getting organization to understand visualization.
- Majority of our users are in China. We need to ensure that the speed is acceptable so the users do not get discouraged about the application.
- Importing Excel data and combining it with data in the Master Space will be very powerful and hopefully will be rolled out soon.
- Birst has one of the most robust data modeling capabilities in the industry.
- The visualization engine is among the best in the industry from ease of use and in look and quality.
- Getting up to speed takes weeks and not months like other BI offerings.
- Visualizer and Designer offerings need to merge into one product. We shouldn't have to go to 2 different visualization tools to get things into a dashboard.
- I haven't been impressed with the "major" releases. With each release there are too many bugs that keep the new features from working the way they are promised.
- Data blending
- Ease of creating the schemas
- UI and flexibility for creating visualization
- Does not support traditional (paper based) reporting anywhere near as well as promised or advertised
- Access to the data in the warehouse is much needed. This can be achieved though API or ODBC
- Data visualization that is consumer friendly.
- Listening to their customer base.
- Effective prioritization of roadmap
- More focus on the developer experience.
- Flexibility for automated event notification and customization
- Birst is best at implementing and validating data warehouse models. I have been able to prototype multiple models in under 4 hours of effort - this is really amazing. As a past user of a big-3 reporting stack, these same tasks would have taken days. It is also extremely easy to publish dashboard of reports for users to view and interact with.
- Birst supports both our internal analytics needs related to usage as well as external partner metrics utilized by our customers to determine efficiency of our products within their websites.
- Birst's interface can be slow at times. On dashboards, I regularly see 3-5 second load times BEFORE the data begins being loaded (interface load time for the Adobe Flex framework). In addition, I have had numerous occurrences where I have to back out of the report designer and come back in due to failed refresh of the design palette.
- Report visualization - data can be visualized in many different ways with interactive charts and graphs
- Data detail - Birst provides drill downs that can show a lot of detail in the data
- Ease of use - reports are intuitive to drill down into, even for non-technical people, as long as you have some excel experience
- Column mapping, make it easier to remap changed column names
- Allow data input through Birst - Birst is only a data viewing tool. It would be nice to allow users to input data, e.g. let users select accounts out of a list inside the tool and save that information directly to the data behind the view for other users to see.
- Birst is a useful tool to organize data into graphs, charts, etc to easily visualize and analyze data and results. I used this tool to show customers how they performed throughout the year. We took their sales data and applied them to graphs, charts, meters, etc which allowed us to easily explain metrics and performance to our customers.
- Birst allows us to create custom dashboards which can be updated anytime which is also great. Our inhouse Birst administrator had access to make changes to the solution/ dashboards at anytime. We could schedule a meeting and work on updating the dashboards together on our own time.
- Birst is a secure network..we feel good knowing our data is safe and private and that our users/ customers who access Birst with a username and password will only see the data that is intended for them.
- Birst could work on new ways to help us present data to customers... some of the meters, charts were limited in how we could arrange and present the data and we would have to come up with ways to make it work.
- It allows me to better understand our business.
- It allows for analysis of trending within our business functions.
- Provides a more intuitive solution compared to some of the other BI tools the company provides.
- Would like to see more options for customization.
Birst Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Birst Networked BI is a BI product that promises to enable a single view of data and eliminate data silos. Additionally, decentralized teams and individual users can augment this shared analytic fabric with their own local data, without compromising data governance. This consistency comes from a unified semantic layer, which maintains common definitions and key metrics, no matter where users sit.
Birst achieves Networked BI through a 2-tier architecture that aligns back-end enterprise data with line-of-business or local, edge data. Birst’s Automated Data Refinement extracts data from any source (data stores, applications, warehouses, big data, and unstructured external sources) into a unified semantic layer. The result is a consistent view that enables users with self-service analytics through dashboards, reporting, visual discovery, mobile tools, and predictive analytics. Birst Open Client Interface also offers integration with Tableau, Excel and R.
Birst goes to market in two primary ways:
- Direct, for enterprises using Birst for analytics on internal data to drive improved business outcomes
- Embedded, for all size companies who offer data (analytics) products, by embedding and white-labeling Birst capabilities into their products
Birst’s product is packaged in 3 available formats:
- Platform and per-user fee
- By Department or Business Unit
- By end-customer (for embedded scenarios)
Birst Videos (3)
Birst Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages:||Arabic, English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Simplified Chinese, Spanish|