Chargify Reviews

Nikhil George | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Scales well as our customer base grows
  • Good reporting and continues to improve
  • Stable product - no downtime except for scheduled maintenance which rarely requires app downtime
  • Needs to improve customer invoices. Currency customers who pay by credit card cannot be sent an invoice from Chargify, only a payment receipt. This means we have to manually generate invoices from our accounting system. Apparently this feature is coming, but we've been waiting for years.
  • Reporting could be better. We need multiple Chargify sites because each site can only charge in one currency. Unfortunately, the Chargify reports can't consolidate the multiple site data. Therefore you need to run separate reports for each site. This has resulted in us having to use another SaaS tool for reporting.
  • API could be improved. We use ChartMogul for our reporting due to limitations in Chargify's reporting. However, they have made the decision not to improve the integration due to continued technical issues with the Chargify API data. Other SaaS analytic tools have recently discontinued their integration with Chargify.
  • Pricing - for the limitations mentioned above, the monthly subscription price is quite high.
Read Nikhil George's full review
Heather Robinette, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 11, 2019

A Billing System That Bills

Pros and Cons

• Billing - We've never had a problem with the billing not working.
  • Dunning - The dunning system is easy to use and automatically handles the missed payments.
  • Adjustments - It is easy to make adjustments to a customer's bill when needed.
  • Reporting - It doesn't provide the reporting we need so I have to do it manually. It doesn't track individual components like we need it to for monthly reporting.
  • Emails - The system's emails sometimes end up in junk mail, so I also follow up once a customer has missed 2 payment attempts.
  • Transactions - An easier way to get to the transactions would be nice. It takes many clicks to see the transaction history.
Read Heather Robinette, MBA's full review
Eric Weiss | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Chargify has a great and easy to use interface with a good flow that is easy to navigate.
  • They do a great job with the layout of their invoices. They're clean and easy to read.
  • They easily list my products to make sure I'm properly lining up details with what my clients should be charged for.
  • I'd like to see a more unique dashboard with analytics on the front end.
Read Eric Weiss's full review
Ken &quot;Blockchain&quot; Simpson | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Incredible reliability - we have literally never had a minute of downtime with Chargify in five years. This is astonishing.
  • Simplicity - the API is relatively easy to use; we were able to get it set up without assistance. Comparatively, services like Zuora require a heavy enterprise consulting engagement to get set up.
  • Their API documentation has holes; they could definitely do better here.
  • They have quite weak client libraries and have outsourced this critical task to the open source community. That's a mistake. They should have their own client libraries, which they update regularly and ensure are working properly.
Read Ken "Blockchain" Simpson's full review
Shannon E. Wells-Mongiovi | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• I found customer service and documentation to be particularly helpful. There were a couple of instances where we had confusion about or misconfiguration with our subscriptions, and customer service responded right away with clear answers. The documentation is clearly written and it's not difficult to get started using the API.
  • APIs can be hard to get right, but I feel the Chargify API strikes the right balance between features and elegance.
  • I have a long wish list of features. Some of them: I'd like to import data that can be anonymized. I'd like better implementation of charge features on the sandbox which don't require a working credit card. I wish we didn't have to always set up subscriptions and could just do a single charge. I wish we had a multiple-delete feature for subscriptions and customers. I wish we didn't have to pick a credit card processor (that's a big wish though - we picked Braintree).
  • The dashboard can be really confusing, in part because it's so feature-rich, however, constructing custom products with a custom pricing set was kind of bewildering and I'm not sure we ever got it down quite right. Unfortunately, we did not have time to really test our configuration live, because it never got out of testing on our staging server. I will say that I'm really glad we never had to set up discounts for real, because that was even more confusing.
Read Shannon E. Wells-Mongiovi's full review
Vinnie Murdico | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Chargify's API is solid and easy to use, including JSON and XML interfaces.
  • Chargify's customer service is responsive and thorough; always making sure your needs as a customer are met.
  • Chargify listens to its customer base and their suggestions for feature enhancements.
  • Chargify's dashboard could use some additional reporting features.
  • Chargify's pricing model is fair, but could be more competitive with similar services in the same market niche.
  • Chargify's service is not well-tuned for one-time charges. It would be beneficial to most vendors if one API could handle both without requiring a workaround for one-time payments.
Read Vinnie Murdico's full review
Ben Fry | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Supports multiple products and payment plans.
  • Has a strong admin web user interface.
  • Provides excellent technical support.
  • More flexible coupons.
  • Finer level of control over emails sent to customers.
  • More options/control within the dunning process.
Read Ben Fry's full review

About Chargify

Chargify offers Recurring Billing and Subscription Management. According to the vendor, Chargify Elastic Billing turns billing into a competitive edge for modern recurring revenue-based businesses that need to personalize and differentiate their offerings for the Relationship Economy.

Founded in 2009, Chargify has helped thousands of businesses manage millions of offers that drive billions in annual revenue. Chargify promises to remove billing bottlenecks and give front, corner, and back office teams the speed and flexibility to grow faster.

Chargify Features