We use Critical Mention to monitor the media mentions of our university across TV, radio, print, and social media. It is vital that we keep track of our mentions and react to any negative items. I get alerts sent to me three times each day, and also have an immediate alert set up when our university president is managed. I can also set up to review other schools to see what they are being mentioned for in the news.
- Daily Alerts-Important so you don't necessarily have to log in to see all the mentions
- Immediate Alerts-Great when you need to know if/when someone is mentioned
- Monetary value-it is very helpful to have a dollar value attached to the earned media hits.
- Duplicate mentions-Would love to cut out the duplicate mentions that sometimes pop up.
- Phone App-Would love an app for phone
- Word Play-Sometimes using the word play feature is hard to use.
Critical Mention is great for schools/businesses/etc. that want to know when they are in the news. Sometimes a brand's reputation can suffer greatly if you are not aware of an issue that was posted by a competitor or media outlet If you are not in the news a lot, there is no need for this product.