Overall Satisfaction with Abila MIP Fund Accounting
MIP is used throughout all our 13 of our branches to keep track of all our revenue and expenditures. It also integrates with our membership and registration software. Depending on the job level, we have users that access and use MIP daily, weekly or monthly. It enables us to see in detail by department and/or account where we are for the month and compare to current budgets, previous years actuals as well as current forecasts.
- Makes it very simple to do apples to apples comparisons at whatever level you need.
- Very easy to make additions to current accounts.
- MIP has a simple process for formatting reports.
- Transferring reports to Excel or to an email is very slow and not intuitive.
- The function to export without page breaks and/headers is good but needs to go further. Sometimes you need some of the headers just not all the headers. It would be better if the software didn't automatically insert headers in the middle of an account just because it's the end of a page.
- The ability of the software to sense when there are no data in a particular set of accounts, no need to export that portion. Means the user just has to go and delete manually after it has been run.
- A "logout" drop down not "exit".
- As an end user who accesses MIP weekly it does provide quick answers to our budgeting questions. It has been helpful for us to plan and prioritize.
We are a non profit who has multiple departments including state and federal grants that are multi layered. Being able to see all the revenue and expenses by particular program or by total roll up does make it much easier to manage and much easier to understand where funds are being spent.
If you have an accounting background, I'd think MIP would be a good program to use. It seems very robust and I'm sure there are lots of functions that are never used. For the average end user who is not used to working with software like this it can be frustrating as it is not intuitive.