Overall Satisfaction with Auvik
We use Auvik as an MSP to manage our clients who have complicated networks. It helped us gain insight in to connected devices without doing an IP scan, etc. whilst also presenting a clear network topology diagram.
- Auto adding devices based on templates
- Speed of deployment
- Product stability and usability
- In my opinion, it is horrendous at identifying and tracking DHCP devices. It seems utterly useless and support will only tell you to give the device a static IP. What use is that for any modern enterprise?
- I believe that it is bad at mapping networks properly. In my experience, there's always some issue when mapping WiFi clients.
- In my experience, Auvik doesn't track Alerts older than 10 minutes (which I believe is useless)
- In my opinion, Auvik reports are terrible - they only work if the device is a static IP
- Network Mapping
- Device Identification and tracking over time (reports, uptime, device association etc)
- Logs and Reports
- I believe it is a waste of money and that there are better solutions out there.
Do you think Auvik delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Auvik's feature set?
Did Auvik live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Auvik go as expected?
Would you buy Auvik again?
Auvik on the surface appears clean, easy to use, and graphically pretty, but I feel it sucks really bad due to so many basic features that should be there. Want to investigate an outage on the weekend and check the SNMP logs on the router via Auvik? Good luck, in my experience nothing older than 10 minutes exists. Want to view uptime history or any reports on a DHCP device? Good luck, in my experience support will tell you that Auvik only really cares about IP address and not MAC address, so will not track anything of use about "the device". Even Ubiquiti has better device tracking!!!! In my opinion it's just not useful when you need it - always missing info, despite all the SNMP, so much inconsistency, just a headache. I also believe support is useless.