Overall Satisfaction with BlueJeans
Current use cases for BlueJeans include conference calls, simple collaborative meetings, and interviews. Multiple departments across campus make use of the service and choose it for its reliability and ease of usefulness. Most recently, the College of Business used BlueJeans to host a multi-institutional competition. Most of the time, BlueJeans is used as an alternative to Zoom, with the ease of creating meetings with no moderator and auto-recording features.
- Meeting scheduling with various advanced options.
- Bandwidth prioritizing for low connection speeds.
- Ease of use. Friendly interface.
- Good customer service. I have made a few calls, and a solution is always presented.
- Mass meeting scheduler would be nice, with certain advanced features being set as a default.
- Advanced recording features shared screen options. Export options that match in the in-app video viewing.
- Opt-out of e-mail notifications.
- More streamlined interview processes
- A reliable platform to host a competition.
- Eleventh-hour requests for meeting IDs.
- Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Adobe Connect and Blackboard Collaborate
BlueJeans is reasonably close to Zoom. I do not have a paid account with Zoom, so I prefer BlueJeans when setting up a scheduled meeting. The app is very intuitive and feels relatively non-invasive. I like the phone-in service provided. We have used this quite a lot for clients with no internet connections. Thank you for everything you are continuing to do. We look forward to any new developments.
BlueJeans works excellently as a collaborative webinar tool for meetings with an excellent way of handing off just a meeting ID and simple instructions to a group for use and, as with most programs of this type, managing your offsite attendees audio and video can be challenging. If there were an option to disable interaction and then later enable it, that would be an excellent addition.
BlueJeans Meetings Feature Ratings
10 - All users are in Higher Ed: Academic and Student Affairs, Center for Professional Selling, Center for Urban Education, School of Education, ITS, Office of Diversity and Inclusion. Most of these departments prefer BlueJeans for it's simplicity and features.
Knowledge of program, and troubleshooting techniques for most video conferencing software. Because of the recent shift to online platforms for education, most end users are becoming very knowledgeable on how to use Zoom, Teams, etc... and BlueJeans shares a similar layout design and control. All of our support staff for BlueJeans work for the ITS dept.
- College of Professional Selling competitions. Most of the users are outside of the institution.
- Center for Urban Education. Most of the users are High-schoolers and the ease of use, fits the mold there.
- ITS uses BlueJeans for last minute meetings, the requests come in with no preferred format.
- Definitely the Professional Selling Competitions. The auto-recording feature is very useful for post event grading.
- Hosted several game-nights during this recent pandemic.
- Collaborative Whiteboard Sessions
- Drop-in Drop-out counseling sessions
- Game Nights
Unfortunately, due to a budget crisis, stemming from low enrollment, further stemming from COVID-19, the likelihood of renewal is waning. Given the fact that our institution already subscribes to multiple video-conferencing platforms, some of them are being cut from this years budget. Hopefully we will be able to keep a few licences.
Evaluating BlueJeans and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Existing Relationship with the Vendor
Ease of use, and a very non-invasive, downloadable app. Many users have been very pleased with how easy it is to use compared to other platforms. The consistent feedback response we receive from end users is how simple the whole process was. So, yes... ease of use is the single most important factor.
I wouldn't change a thing.
After admin access was delegated, everything was smooth sailing.
Change management was a small part of the implementation and was well-handled - No lessons to speak of.
- Deciding on what payment plan suited our budget.
- no training
The product was very intuitive and the only training required was for a handful of end users. Mostly on where to find the downloadable app and other technical related issues: connecting webcams and mics.
Just the right amount of configuration.
Make sure that the web camera that you are using for BlueJeans isn't in use by another program. Use a secondary monitor when screensharing if you wish to share a desktop display. Always test all of your technology prior to meeting start and try to be on a wired internet connection.
No - we have not done any customization to the interface
No - we have not done any custom code
I have had to make a few calls to BlueJeans, and the wait time was very brief. The support individual spoke clearly and competently. They seemed genuinely interested in making sure that I didn't leave the call without all my issues being resolves, not just the initial call. Thank you.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
No - Most of issues we encounter with BlueJeans are of an end-user nature and my team is able to handle this.
I was not aware of the partnership.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Meeting Creation
- Some of the advanced features
- Whiteboard occasionally crashes the program
Yes - Works fine. Most of my end users prefer the mobile app, because they use their mobile device to join most video conferencing meetings.
We don't use the EMS.
It always seems to be available. The international support, access phone numbers,are very helpful.
We haven't experienced any significant slowdown that wasn't directly related to end user poor bandwidth.
Currently we do not have any integration.
There are no plans to do any integration.
Relationship with BlueJeans by Verizon
Straightforward. Our vendor was very easy to contact and communicate with. They provided us with budget flexible options and made it easy for us to choose the right plan.
We still have an ongoing relationship with our vendor who has helped us with other products.
Number of accounts, advanced features such as recording space and auto-recording.
Have your fundamental features ready to discuss ahead of time.
- Customization of windows within BlueJeans Program.
- Customization for large Multi-view with hotseat active speaker mode.
- Ability to share a second camera.