Cisco AnyConnect Review
Updated July 05, 2022

Cisco AnyConnect Review

Overall Satisfaction with Cisco AnyConnect

Currently, we are working from home, so to access the network of our organisation we need a VPN. For this, we use Cisco's AnyConnect. For using this we first need to authenticate with a combination of our own code plus dynamic code provided by Google Authenticator for added security. With this VPN we can access our office server seamlessly.
  • It's user-friendly
  • It's lightweight
  • Available for all multiple platforms like Linux, Mac, etc.
  • Caching the static part of the password
  • Combine connect plus authenticate
  • Timeline for expiry
  • Added security for private networks
  • Platform friendly
  • Fast installation and lightweight
We've used it every day for almost the last two years, we are happy.
Yes, we are benefited, as we need to access our private network as well as servers where we run deep learning code so it's possible only with a VPN line Cisco AnyConnect.
Overall we are happy with the product as it's easy to use and very fast compared to other VPNs and also a very platform-friendly product that can be set up easily without the help of the person in the IT department of the organisation and very secure because of dynamic password.
I have tried to use ubuntu's in-built VPN that did not work well like Cisco's AnyConnect, other than this I have tried with Cisco's OpenConnect that is not very user-friendly.

Do you think Cisco AnyConnect delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Cisco AnyConnect's feature set?

Did Cisco AnyConnect live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Cisco AnyConnect go as expected?

Would you buy Cisco AnyConnect again?

Easy to set up and use where we need to access the private network. Connect and authenticate can be combined as for me in a typical workday I need to do this more than 5 times.

Resilience and Reliability

Especially when a lot of organizations allow their employees to work from, they need specialized tools like VPNs for accessing a secure/private network so that the life of employees becomes easy. Work can be completed seamlessly regardless of the location so if the tools for enabling remote work are secure more quality work can be done in significantly less time.
They should always be finding the latest tools (for VPN, video calls, etc.) providing a high level of security and flexibility in using those tools. They can work on educating their employees also in this field. They should give their employee more options when it comes to tool selection so that they can experiment and choose what is best for them.
Compared to other alternatives it's more lightweight, secure, easy to use, and trustworthy. Before start using it we just need to do some minimum required configuration and we are done. After using it only for a few days user becomes familiar with it. For a new user, it can be set up in a few minutes.
It's implemented in a user-friendly way so there are not any added complexities in getting familiar with Cisco AnyConnect.
The availability of Cisco AnyConnect is very good, I don't remember when was the last time when this software was down when I needed it. There are almost zero to no errors and no outages so we are happy with it.
Since Cisco AnyConnect is available for all platforms Linux, Windows, and Mac. Integration is very easy to do and a painless process, we can install it and after doing some required configurations we can start using it.
  • We started using Cisco AnyConnect while working from home in pandemic
  • We use it for access our office network
  • We use it to access our servers where we do data science related works