Druva inSync Review
September 30, 2020
Druva inSync Review
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Druva inSync
We use Druva inSync as the endpoint backup solution for every active user in our company. Druva inSync is simple to use and offers reasonably good performance across the USA.
- Once the first normal backup completes, the incremental backup usually completes very quickly.
- Centralized management that comes with flexible admin rights assignment. This helps me delegate data backup management to my 8 offices in the USA.
- Good data legal hold features
- Druva inSync can automate new user creation to have a legal hold to save the customer's manual configuration time.
- Druva inSync could improve its English grammar: For example, new inSync Client upgrade message on the inSync console mentioned a new version 6.7.1 will be "Released on : 19-Sep-2020" on Sep 18 2020.
- We just migrated to Druva inSync cloud this year and the immediate benefit is we lowered the bandwidth consumption in our office as the users can backup the data at their homes securely.
- Negative impact: we must pay to keep the data of terminated employees and based on our calculation, keeping inactive user data on inSync cloud is not cheap.
We decided to only use inSync to backup our users' endpoint devices. Overall it has been enough for us.
So far our inSync has not uncovered any non-compliant end-user data.
Yes. One reason we selected Druva inSync was its eDiscovery feature. We also were happy to see that Druva had a clear roadmap to continue its development to utilize our backup data for more protection from ransomware.
I wished we learned more about the challenges of the implementation. It was not easy as my company offices had to close during COVID-19. The installation of the client in many cases will still require a one-on-one support session. There were other issues. For example, the alert messages' timestamps were also confusing to the point that we had to ask our customer success manager to explain. I think it would be good for inSync to create a video training library.
Do you think Druva Data Resiliency Cloud delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Druva Data Resiliency Cloud's feature set?
Did Druva Data Resiliency Cloud live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Druva Data Resiliency Cloud go as expected?
Would you buy Druva Data Resiliency Cloud again?
We had an on-prem Druva solution and during COVID-19 we moved to Druva inSync's cloud platform. As a result, our users were able to back up their data without using the company VPN to connect to the on-prem solution anymore.
We know inSync can help us mitigate the risk of ransomware but my company has not had any ransomware issue yet.
Druva's legal hold and eDiscovery feature improved my company's IT and Legal collaboration. With the right tool, we can work with each other more effectively. For example, the Legal team now can have special accounts to browse the backup data on their own without IT support.