September 18, 2014
Technical Team Lead
Western Iowa Tech Community CollegeInformation Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
Score 8 out of 10
- Fonality HUD
Overall Satisfaction with Fonality
It is being used for the whole company. We use it for managing our VOIP phone system.
- Handles Multiple Clients
- Can use Cell, Desk Phone, or Soft Phone.
- Managed remotely, no onsite hardware to deal with.
- Some ISP providers have issues with allowing traffic on the HUD for Fonality. We fixed it finally by using alternate DNS settings.
- When the HUD goes down, it limits our ability to watch
- No onsite hardware means our business can focus on support of the clients and not have to worry about maintaining a VOIP phone system.
- Downtime is relatively short, so we are not left with waiting clients.
- The HUD is handy for tracking all the Queues and determining staffing levels at a glance.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
Fonality has a lower cost and is easy to manage for a small business starting out. It's pretty much sign up and go. We have no hardware to purchase or maintain. We can go completely to soft phones or cellphones and have no hardware at all. Fonality has application integration with Outlook as well, if that is what you are looking for.
There has been a few early morning glitches that has affected service, but they get the issues resolved in a very timely manner. I am unable to remember a time when we had issues during prime business hours. The flexibility of using a softphone as well as a cellphone allows us to work away from the office when the need arrives.