- iContact is great at allowing email list so be segmented, allowing a user to target their audience with specific niche emails.
- iContact has a large image library, which allows for plenty of visuals to be added to emails.
- iContact has a good customer support team. They are always available by phone or email to answer questions.
- iContact does not allow attachements to be included along with the main body of the email, which can be frustrating.
- The visual aspects of the email such as logos and images sometimes do not show, depending on the type of device which is opening the email e.g. Blackberry
- I have noticed that the tracking feature of iContact does not always accuratly depict the number of users who's email bounced, opened etc.
- We are able to create highly visual emails which has enabled us to engage with customers better.
- We can track who is interested in what products based on what they click in our emails, enabling us to better target them with relevant information.
- We have been able to increase our engagement with customers.
I would renew iContact because their customer service is excellent - they always are polite and courteous on the phone. Better yet, they are available by phone which in today's business environment can be a rarity! iContact has good tools for segmenting lists, which means our emails are more targeted and relevant, which in turn makes us better equipped to target them with products of interest to them.
For a colleague considering this product, I would ask them to discuss options with regards to sending videos and email attachments along with the email. Not being able to send attachements has proved problematic for our company at times. I would also ask them to look into the providers tracking mechanisms and make sure that they are as accurate as possible.