Overall Satisfaction with Marketo Engage
Markto Engage is used in our Sales and Marketing departments. We use it to conduct email marketing and to refine the customer journey from site to purchase.
- Email analytics.
- Customer tracking across site and content.
- Database level filtering - can deep dive into data.
- It is brutally slow. I have to stop slow my brain to use it. Click and wait, all the time.
- The email editor is horrendous. WYSIWG view corrupts and HTML view super restrictive.
- Not user friendly, often requires developer support for integrations or changes.
- Support is slow.
- Online help is hard to navigate.
- Product Launches
- Lead Management
- Prospecting / New Business
We collect lead information from our site and categorize by the type of content they request and the information they provide. Some people will start a nurture stream of tailored information emails. Emails for events are sent, as is a monthly newsletter. Content is also provided in CN, RU, JP, and KR languages. For some campaigns we will cross promote products depending on sector suitability. We also try to engage leads in upgrading licenses or renewing maintenance. Event and launch emails will often have region specific and/or profession specific content.
Do you think Adobe Marketo Engage delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Adobe Marketo Engage's feature set?
Did Adobe Marketo Engage live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Adobe Marketo Engage go as expected?
Would you buy Adobe Marketo Engage again?
It is good if you need to track a lot of metrics about a lot of leads. It is really a giant database. It is not so suitable for just running quick email campaigns. It is very human resource intensive with a steep learning curve and requires developer support for site integrations, template development, and detailed report creation.