Miro might not merge my team.
February 17, 2022
Miro might not merge my team.
Strategist in Research & DevelopmentResearch Company, 51-200 employees
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Miro
Use of Miro: I use Miro for brainstorming, mind mapping, segmenting, and cluttering my secondary research, for doing affinity mapping of large no. Of users, making journey maps, ecosystems, etc. Business problem solved: Miro helps me in organizing my user research and organizing user data, the infinite canvas gives a restriction-free place to work on. Scope: Miro lets me conduct the user research from the planning phase to analyzing phase. High scope in design research plan phase.
- Connecting data points - building relations amongst data, comments, connecting tools, easy movement of notes and annotations
- Data segmentation - cluttering and de cluttering things as per convenience
- Collaborative board for the team to brainstorm together, easy sharing, easy to use, visible actions
- Editing of sticky notes is not very convenient to be done for large no. Of notes
- Color palate choices should be there - working over the same palate becomes exhausting over time
- Option for creating Templates or pre-made templates for better aesthetics and easy data entry for frequently done task
- Easy collaborations hence reduced time of process
- Reduced investment on stationary like sticky notes , white board , trend boards
- Negative: increased time for the final compilation of work and moving data to different platform example -powerpoint
During implementation - the arrangement of things and making the overall board presentable consumes time. Easy movement of things but a bit difficult editing.
Easy addition of files and texts, difficult to export directly but easy via image exportation. Sufficient tools for collaboration of teams of designers and management.
In my organizations, it is majorly used by researchers and not other stakeholders. This being said it is good for brainstorming with the team but is not appreciated by managerial positions. It helps researchers to collaborate and discuss multiple topics in a single place or different perspectives on a single topic. It's great for conducting online studies like ecosystem mappings and 5 Rs
Do you think Miro delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Miro's feature set?
Did Miro live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Miro go as expected?
Would you buy Miro again?
FigJam has many restrictions In terms of text size, color selection and hence doesn't allow much customization for different scenarios. Canva and Google Jamboard doesn't have an infinite board to work with a large chunk of data. Google Meet and Slack doesn't have features for creation but are preferred by managerial positions for discussions and brainstorming as these tools are frequently used by everyone and hence all stakeholders are familiar
I would recommend Miro to people who want to have their work in progress and work with a larger Chuck of qualitative data. It's a good platform to analyze, discuss and brainstorm but Won't recommend to people for compiling their final works as making the end product/final PPT is no easy task on Miro and also not an aesthetically soothing one.