Why We Pick Miva Merchant
Updated December 01, 2014
Why We Pick Miva Merchant
Score 9 out of 10
- Addedum, Emporium Plus Took Kit v5, Coupon Redemption v5
Overall Satisfaction with Miva Merchant
We don’t actually use MIVA Merchant at our organization but recommend it to our clients. Miva Merchant is a good choice because of its flexibility, cost effectiveness and its other features. Manufacturing Solutions Center is a service provider for the small to medium manufacturers. We work to help solve problems and test products. Ecommerce is one of the services we provide.
- Price Groups. This feature is beneficial to the developer and their customers because it allows creation of as many groups as needed. Developer can change the price of products based on membership in a group. They can also assign price change to all or certain products in a group. Registered customers benefit from membership discounts, which encourages customer loyalty.
- Availability Groups. This feature is excellent because it allows developer to control what categories and products customers see in the store based on membership in a group and only visible to customers who registered and are a member of that group.
- Manage Orders. End users like the Manage Orders features. Orders have various filters available such as Order Number, Date Range, Order Status, Batches and Batch Report. The most useful feature is the Batches which is a collection of orders, grouped together and given a name with just 1-click.
- Coupon capability. If end users want to offer coupon discount, they will have to purchase through a third-party. It will be an excellent feature to have.
- Product layout. The product layout from previous Miva Merchant is much better. Merchant 5.5, the product “Code, Price and Quantity in Basket” is at the bottom of the product instead of with “Colors”, “Size”, and “Quantity” on the right hand side. Custom image sizing does not display well.
- More Custom Fields/Dropdown options. Our end user has to purchase Addendum from a third-party to use the custom field.
- Some of our customers are having problem viewing our store after we upgraded to Miva Merchant 5.5. Our products page is empty.
- Miva Merchant's platform offers flexibility for everything from template editing to overall configuration.
- Miva Merchant gave me the ability to build a store for my customers that met all of theirs needs without hiring a team of programmers.
- Miva Merchant allows me to enter products, upload images (with auto thumbnail), change navigation tab with little or no programming skills.
Other software that I have used are: ShopSite, X-Cart and Quick Shopping Cart. They are less flexible and customization is limited.
Miva Merchant serves its purpose-a great shopping cart that can handle the task of customization and great customer support. We like the look and feel, functionality and versatility. Miva Merchant’s third-party software vendors are also friendly and supportive of their products as well as knowledgeable of Miva Merchant.
No, we don't have any issue in regards to implementation of Miva Merchant. Wolfpaw Computers installed it for us.
- Vendor implemented
- Professional services company
Miva Merchant allow individual of various skills to create the perfect online store! The wizards inside Miva Merchant that has step by step allow someone with little or no programming skills to a skilled programmer who can customize to his or her heart content.
Like to use
Technical support not required
Feel confident using
- Love Miva Merchant's PR8 Reference Guide. Instructions were easy to follow and implement. It's like a Miva Bible.
- Creating/assigning price group is a breeze. Simply create the products once and assign.
- Customization is my most favorable feature!