QuickBooks Premier Review: "QB Premier Manufacturing Edition"https://www.trustradius.com/accountingQuickBooks PremierUnspecified8.12401012014-02-13T22:06:22.535Z
Overall Satisfaction with QuickBooks Premier
Managed all financial transactions, except payroll, but including inventory, for a small manufacturer with multiple, global distribution channels. We used QuickBooks Premier Manufacturing edition from 2007 through November 2013, before upgrading to the Enterprise edition.
- Although there are reporting limitations, producing basic reports from QuickBooks is very simple and fast.
- Fairly easy to use and to learn for entering basic transactions.
- Integrates with many software offerings (CRM, Bill.com, etc.).
- File stability suffers with increased size and complexity of data file. Best for very small companies with limited inventory.
- Add-ons (such as payroll or credit card processing) would be convenient, but are over-priced compared to outside offerings.
- Limitation: Works well only as an accounting system. Does not work well as a CRM, ERP, asset manager, supply chain manager, etc.
- None: There are several choices in accounting systems at this price point. We chose a popular one with online support and integration options.
QuickBooks Premier Manufacturing Edition is suited to a small company with a few, non-complex products. It is not appropriate for a manufacturer with BOMS containing more than 100 items or multi-nested assemblies. It is probably not the best choice for a company with more than 500 transactions per month.