Skype for Business 2016 and How it is Changing the Way Our Company Communicates... For the BETTER!
Skype for Business 2016
Overall Satisfaction with Skype for Business
- Ability for all users to download presentation content to their local machine during a presentation. This is a strength for Skype for Business as it allows presenters to share content quickly without having to send an email.
- Ability to add Skype for Business Meeting Link in a meeting invite (Outlook Plug-In). This is a strength for Skype for Business as it integrates and works well with Outlook to provide a quick link to your conference call. This is extremely helpful for those who are traveling often and work via mobile device because the link is easy to access and quick to open.
- The ability to add additional users to the call. This is a great strength for Skype for Business as it is an efficient and smooth way to add contacts to your meeting without having to end the call.
- It would be helpful if there was an easier way to review previous IM messaging. Currently, the messaging is ordered by when the IM was sent/received. It would be more helpful to consolidate these threads into a single thread by contact making sure to keep the date and time stamps. People tend to remember who they spoke with rather than what day so I feel this feature would be helpful.
- If recording content, it can be quite a while before the recording is downloaded in its entirety making it difficult to share recordings quickly. If this could be optimized somehow, this would be very helpful. Perhaps, the recording downloads as it records? I'm not sure [of a] technical way to improve, but if optimized, this would be a huge plus.
- Using Skype for Business has allowed our sellers to collaborate with clients all over the world quickly and effectively, ultimately encouraging positive client relationships.
- The ability to train our sellers and excellence teams across the globe has been undeniably helpful in communicating the latest business developments and seller strategies.
- Chatter and Google Hangouts
I feel that Skype for Business could be used in just about any business setting. From a small company to corporate businesses, Skype for Business is incredibly useful. If I were to present this software to a potential customer, I would ask the following:
1) Do you have a need for collaboration within and outside the office amongst your internal teams?
2) Would it be helpful to present digital content or whiteboard your ideas with your partners over a conference call?
3) Do you currently leverage an internal messaging software and/or conferencing software? If both, are these separate products? Are either of these fulfilling all of your teams needs? Skype for Business integrates both conferencing and messaging functionality easily and is very effective!