Overall Satisfaction with Viewpoint Vista
We use Viewpoint across our whole organization (minus workers in the field). We are in the Process of Implementing Field Management where we will have even more users inputting data into the system. Viewpoint allows us to track costs, quantities, and so much more from the field. We then can calculate cost and revenue projections at project completion to make sure we are staying on budget. We input data into many different places, and all of that information can feed into one report that gives us a snapshot of how each project is doing month to month. Update - we have implemented Field Management and it has been going well. It takes so much time away from processing payroll in the office, so that is helpful. Also limiting what time can be coded to is beneficial and prevents many mistakes and miscodes.
- Customer Support via Clearview. The ability to research issues we are having and try to resolve them ourselves through Clearview is invaluable. I have often been researching one issue or hang up I was having, and learned a few other things I didn't know through this system.
- Customization of reports - the ability to have reports written in this system to give us access to information all on one report is great! There are so many standard Viewpoint reports as well.
- Ease of fixing mistakes. Being able to bring something that has been posted back into a batch to fix has been wonderful as we are all human and make mistakes. There are not too many times that we actually have to call Viewpoint for support when we cannot fix something ourselves.
- Writing Crystal Reports is not easy. You either have to have someone really knowledgeable on staff or source it out. Sometimes it can be pricey for custom reports.
- Support callbacks. It depends on the time of year, but sometimes it takes a week to get a call back if it is not "Urgent".
- PO Receipts Module. We gave this a try at our company and it has been a pretty big disaster. We are trying to "undo" it all now because it is not functioning how we envisioned. And there is not much information out there on it. It's almost as if it was an afterthought and not developed very far.
- As someone else mentioned, error loops. Trying to figure out what module or program the error was made in, and undo the mistake to keep moving forward can be so time consuming!
- Positive impacts - by understanding our cost on projects, we can better prepare ourselves when bidding new work.
Works well across our organization. Accessing Viewpoint through the remote server in the field allows the office to receive real time data from across the state.
Running reports after data is input in the field, specifically progress entry, allows us to see what is going on on the jobsite from right here in our main office.
I have not used any other software like it.
Do you think Viewpoint Vista delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Viewpoint Vista's feature set?
Did Viewpoint Vista live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Viewpoint Vista go as expected?
Would you buy Viewpoint Vista again?
Vista integrates well with our estimating software. I am in charge of dumping budgets from HCSS into Viewpoint and formatting it all. Most of the time, it doesn't take a whole lot of work to get it set up. Cost tracking is incredible in Viewpoint. We can always figure out what our cost is at a given month by running reports. Also with projecting future costs and revenue to determine our profit on any particular project.
Vista Feature Ratings
Using Viewpoint Vista
Evaluating Vista and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Implemented in-house
- User error
Most of the time, we get a quick response. The past few years has been SO much better!
Problems get solved
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Not kept informed
No, did not know that was an option!
When unable to process payroll due to errors, their response time is quick!
It's a pretty great software once you understand the ins and outs and how to best utilize it.
Like to use
Technical support not required
Feel confident using
- Running reports. Just need to know which one will give the best output
- Fixing mistakes