Overall Satisfaction with Xero
Xero is used by Bookkeeping Express to service our many clients varying in all different types of businesses. Being an "open" accounting system, it is built to interact with other applications. This interaction facilitates the receipt of information automatically, allowing it to be available in Xero almost immediately for reconciliation. This enables other applications that are the best in their field to be utilized by business owners while allowing the information to be fed into Xero easily.
- Xero allows banks to feed transactions into Xero on an automatic basis; a huge advantage. This alleviates having in manually input transactions.
- Xero's interface available to reconcile bank transactions to Xero transactions is simple yet sophisticated. Bank "rules" can be set up to automatically categorize transactions that recur. These rules are applied without human initiation and can be simply ok'd in an extremely simple user interface.
- Xero has "Open APIs" which allow other application writers to integrate their applications seamlessly with Xero. For example, a client can choose a scheduling/invoicing application that specifically suites their needs from a list of existing "Add Ons" in Xero and have their revenue information automatically fed into their General Ledger system.
- The most challenging Xero module to me is the reporting module. I would like to see more reports geared toward Customer/Vendor transactions as well as customization of existing reports. There is, however, the ability to export all reports to Excel so manual manipulation is an option until their reporting becomes more robust.
- Navigating between screens can be challenging if corrections need to be made. Using the "open in different tab" function alleviates this for now.
- I am looking forward to a global search function. Right now there are search functions but they are specific to particular screens.
- From the standpoint of Bookkeeping Express, it has allowed us to service our clients in a much more efficient, effective manner.
- The time savings derived from the integration of different applications has had a huge impact on our business and our ability to service our clients.
- The ability of the use of different applications as needed/wanted has improved our business in that clients have a large variety of tools to use to impact their business.
- QuickBooks Online,QuickBooks Premier,QuickBooks Pro
The fact that Xero is cloud based is a huge advantage. Althought QuickBooks Online claims to be cloud based, it is extremely slow and clunky in that environment. With Xero's integration abilities, bank feed capabilities, and bank rules module, they sit in my opinion head and shoulders above the others.
I would recommend Xero in really any bookkeeping scenario; the only consideration would be if there is a business that uses a specific application that directly integrates with another general ledger system but not Xero. This is rare as Xero's software is written in a manner that easily facilitates integration. If there is an application that does not yet integrate with Xero, it is usually in the works.