See, share, record
Updated January 02, 2018
See, share, record
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Zoom
We have a globally distributed team and use Zoom for both our internal calls as well as client calls. The screen sharing feature is really useful and we also record the calls for future reference. It's good to see the team members of other locations on video calls as well. Next, we are planning to use the Zoom API in one of our projects for text messaging through a website.
- Call recordings - we record all our scrum calls and especially the calls where we have to discuss new requirements. That way we don't have to worry about something that may get missed out while taking notes.
- Screen sharing - when we have calls with clients and they are reporting some issue or requirement in the system, they show us the problem via screen sharing. That way there's no gap in our understanding and we can avoid wasting time going back and forth due to miscommunication.
- No connection issues - we haven't had any instances of connection dropping during the calls which is great. Our calls are typically 5-8 members but we have tried Zoom with ~25 participants without any issues.
- If you pause a call recording for a certain amount of time, it would be great if there's a notification somewhere that it is paused. A few times when I was hosting a call, I paused it while waiting for all participants to join but then forgot to resume recording.
- When a message is received on chat, it sometimes gets missed. A more prominent notification (blinking/popup etc.) may be helpful.
- Zoom has definitely saved us a lot of cost. The free account is suitable for most of our needs.
- Calls recordings is another feature we use very frequently.
- It's good to see people we work with on video calls if they are in different locations.
Skype is good for quick messaging and calls but it does not have the screen recording feature. Also it needs a higher internet bandwidth. For more than 2-3 participants it does not work too well. Call drops/disconnects in Skype are more frequent in Skype as compared to Zoom if the internet connectivity is not good.