What users are saying about
Likelihood to Recommend
NeoLoad is a very comprehensive tool if you are looking for a performance test tool for web applications and other applications using protocols like REST, SOAP, etc. The concepts are easy to understand and mostly clear. This enables you to develop very fast tests with a very good flexibility regarding the number of virtual users, the mixture of scripts, locations where load is generated or there is load variation. In consulting projects it is very helpful that project data and reports can be viewed by NeoLoad without the need of a license.
Feature Rating Comparison
End to end performance management
Integrated performance data
Deployment model flexibility
Real time monitoring
Automated anomaly detection
- NeoLoad supports performance test engineers with a strong feature set to analyse the results. The first metric you have in mind is response time of the application. The metric satisfies the stakeholder if it meets the requirements. Otherwise, the stakeholder wants to know some comments and suggestions for improvement. I rely on the data gathered by monitoring agents when I analyse test results. The monitoring agent is a service which collects different counters from an operating system, databases, web server, etc. The results can be analysed in individual composed graphs. This is a powerful feature to deliver conclusive reports to stakeholders. Even the export of reports in various formats is helpful for communication with different stakeholders.
- Our customers like the flexible license model of NeoLoad. A usual performance test project starts with the development of tests and configuration of the test environment. Finally, there is a first test execution followed by a couple of additional test executions. Usually, it is hard to say how long it takes to implement the issues based on the test results. So we usually do not know how long is the period between first and last test execution. It does not matter how long the period might be. In most of our projects we prefer daily licenses of NeoLoad. If you buy e.g. a four-day license you can use NeoLoad at four different days.
- As a performance test engineer, I like the impressive APIs of NeoLoad. NeoLoad is just a performance test tool and the vendor Neotys is focused on this job. Whenever you would like to add something into a test scenario which is not mainly a performance issue you can integrate these parts by APIs which are easy to handle and very powerful. They also support you in case technologies which are not supported yet by NeoLoad. Maybe there is a new device which you want to monitor. Therefore you can report the measurements of the specific counters by the data exchange API during test execution. So you can analyse the data in the usual way. In our company we developed already a couple of features based on the APIs of NeoLoad and we are very happy with this flexibility.
- The memory consumption is higher which slows down the system.
- The concept of team server can be improved in such a way that every time we design a project, it doesn't need to be shared as it takes longer.
- Results need to be published every time. It needs to be auto saved.
- Sometimes the monitors become invisible after we check out the project in local.
Based on 1 answer
Based on 1 answer
NeoLoad does not require much scripting knowledge and can be easily grasped. It is more cost effective with all the required features. As mobile applications are booming, it has an advantage over other tools to flourish in mobile testing.
Return on Investment
- Reduced risk of performance issues in production.
- Increased employee efficiency.
- Increased customer satisfaction with online transactions.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?