<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 9 out of 100
Based on 186 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
Smartlook is well suited for any new website to understand how new users interact with the different aspects of the website. I guess it would not be appropriate to use Smartlook on specific websites where privacy issues would block or severely limit the recording of most of the user activities.
Free services provide a wonderful resource for people on tight budgets. If willing to put forth work in data managing/analysis and If basic high traffic information or drilling down specific users in low traffic situations is needed, then StatCounter may fit your needs. If automation and low overhead are a high priority then some more expensive packages can provide the same and more information with less hassle. Because StatCounter is free, there is low risk to see if StatCounter works in your specific usage scenario.
- Heatmaps help you better understand how end-users use your website. Thanks to the data provided by Smartlook, you can adjust your website and make it more user-friendly.
- Smartlook has fantastic funnels which help you analyse your data and understand them.
- Records. You can just sit back and watch how the end-user used your website, where exactly they clicked etc.
- I can visit my site in real time showing pages visited and the duration of the visit.
- It shows very detailed data on where visitors came from.
- I could monitor the performance of campaigns in real-time as visitors came to my site from a promotion.
- For the free or lower-level packages, the data is kept only for a limited time, i.e. 30 days, so there is the situation where you are implementing a marketing funnel that might take longer than 30 days and when you finally make a conversion you might want to see to complete history/path that your user took which lead them to finally make the conversion. In this situation, you will have missing recordings from their initial visits.
- Recordings are not made in all cases of traffic sessions. I would like to have more clarity/detail on why a specific session was not recorded. It would be great if Smartlook could confirm cases, where it could not record and explain that it was due to i.e. privacy setting/location/ session too short/ website, didn't load. This would help with troubleshooting possible issues on the website.
- They could have an option that while you are busy watching one recording, there is a quick button to go to the next recording so that you can more easily skip trough a few recordings.
Analyst in MarketingMarketing and Advertising Company, 1-10 employees
- I would like to see our referral traffic ranked in order of most to least. I'm not sure if this function exists already, but if it does, I do not know how to do it.
- Maybe put the average time on site on the same chart as the visitors and page views graphs.
- I feel as though some tasks can be streamlined, but this is not just unique to statcounter but to other analytics sites I've used. But people like digging really deep into the data, but for people like me who use it for one purpose, a shorter one-stop-shop version would be nice. Like one page where everything can be seen.
Likelihood to Renew
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 7 answers
I have not had any issues with malfunctions when using statcounter, so that would lead me to continue using the program. I would like to see more social media measuring tools, but again, we don't use the program to dig really deep. We're just looking to figure out who is reading what articles on our website are the most liked. And it helps lead our editorial team in the right direction.
Based on 1 answer
No answer on this topic is available.
Based on 1 answer
Based on 39 answers
We have not used Smartlook's Support yet, but we have used Smartlook's excellent documentation and walkthroughs for set-up and when we have questions. Smartlook walks you through the setup process with easy-to-understand tooltips, walkthroughs, and answers to frequently asked questions. Smartlook's documentation made setup and maintenance of our sites incredibly easy!
C-Level Executive in OtherMarketing and Advertising Company, 1-10 employees
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
I used FullStory for the past 4 years and I loved it, but I never really used all the functionalities it offers because the price is insane high for the type of company I worked for. With Smartlook I feel I have access to more functionalities with a much better deal.
Wish StatCounter had a more comprehensive report feature comparable to Google Analytics. I feel StatCounter is easier to use and to understand when compared to Google. Some people prefer Google Analytics, but it provides so much more information that the average person really needs. It meets basic needs. If you are looking for something more robust and high level of detail, I would recommend Google Analytics instead
Engineer in EngineeringBuilding Materials Company, 1001-5000 employees
Return on Investment
- Smartlook has helped us make updates to our website that has resulted in a positive impact because we know what visitors are experiencing.
- Smartlook has helped us think more about the visitor's journey in regards to the funnels and how we want to get them from landing on the website to converting.
- Smartlook has also helped us better understand our website visitors and what they may be looking for when we don't realize it.
- StatCounter enabled us to track what works and doesn't work with regards to driving web traffic. On a personal use level, StatCounter enabled me to gauge how much additional effort I needed to make to reach the traffic levels needed on my website.
Manager in MarketingMarketing and Advertising Company, 51-200 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
* per installation
Smartlook Editions & Modules
- 1,500 sessions
- 5,000 sessions
- 25,000 sessions
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?—
StatCounter Editions & Modules