Aha! - One of the best Product Roadmapping softwareAha! is extensively used by product management team. We as product managers need tools for visualization of our product road maps. Along with it, we want to keep track of it. Aha! is best tool for product road-mapping, no doubt. The types of boards it provide helps product management community in a better way.,Product road-mapping is best in Aha! The types of boards it has gives flexibility to every kind of product managers. It has various matrices to make the foundation for a good PRD.,Bug tracking needs to be improvised, JIRA has upper hand in this. Notes section can be improved as we found less flexibility in Notes. The integration of Tech team to use Aha! needs to be strengthened. As of now, Tech is reliable on project tracking software rather than Aha!,9,Positive: Clear road-mapping, easy to strategize things. Positive: Transparency on one platform, easy to make quick decisions. Negative: For a technology team, a separate platform is needed which increases time in decision making.,JIRA Software, ProductPlan and Trello,JIRA Software, Trello, ProductPlanAha! - Strategy tracked how you need itAha! is being used in two different ways in our organization. First as a project tracking and timeline tool and secondly as a customer feedback forum. Aha! is malleable enough that it does both well and makes it easy to give the right people the right amount of access so you can incorporate customer feedback alongside internal projects and timelines.,Aha! can track roadmaps, timelines and projects alongside parent and child tasks or campaigns Aha! creates an easy way to vote up projects or bugs that should be worked Simple way to allow customers to provide feedback and input on features and bugs,Look and feel seems to be similar, no matter what options are chosen Putting everything in a single view can be difficult, depending on how much you're tracking Would be nice to have a little more integrated way of getting through roadmaps and projects so you aren't switching back and forth,9,It has helped us improve our product lifecycle communication. We have less wasted time spent figuring out where the project is and what it's waiting on. This has helped departments further down the project better use their time so they're already aligned with what's happening rather than waiting for a handoff. Aha! has helped include our customers more in our product planning and especially in our bug fixes and new feature roadmaps. Aha! has improved our strategy meetings or roundup discussions by storing everything in one place. They're shorter and more focused.,Pivotal Tracker and JIRA Software,JIRA SoftwareAn excellent tool for realizing your strategic visionAha is being used by our Product team to help us prioritize work efforts and initiatives across our organization. It is an essential tool for our strategic roadmap efforts.,Roadmap and strategic planning. It is an essential tool for product management. It has near limitless customization capability. The ability to create custom reports and dashboards make it a major strength in a broader adoption in our own organization,I think Aha tries to do too much at times. It tries a bit too hard to handle project management as well as product management and as a result can often fall short. Since everything is customized, it is hard to really get the initial implementation correct, even with Enterprise onboarding support. There needs to be some serious work and training around how the integrations with Trello, JIRA, and other essential tools work as it is hard to understand them in a way to explain to our own IT teams and it has caused confusion.,10,We are still within the first year and have yet to be able to measure ROI specifically, but the broad team has been really supportive of the adoption. There is clear potential in Aha to be used more broadly than we do now, and we have already expanded it's use into other parts of our Product Team. The integration work is the current roadblock, but once that is ironed out with the help of Aha support, we should be good to go.,ProductPlan, Airtable, Wrike and Asana,Microsoft 365 Business, WebEx Meetings, Adobe Acrobat DCAha! is a great tool for high level strategic planning and idea bank management - not so much for day-to-day execution.Aha! is used at my organization for roadmap planning and idea bank management. It allows product managers a way to product plan, map dependencies, communicate things that ship, and collaborate on strategic direction for our solutions.,Provides an easy to understand visual for upcoming releases and what is included. Makes it easy for Product Managers to interact directly with users via the Idea Bank portal. Provides a way to link dependencies and related features to help understand expected feature releases.,Policing the idea bank to make sure ideas are specific and representative of a single idea is a manual task. There are a lot of times when I save and close an item and it just disappears from my current view. This is usually due to user error, it just seems too easy to make those errors all too often. I wish I was warned if I'm about to save (or close) a record that is going to disappear from my current view. I wish there was easy to find, approachable training material to teach me how to use parts of the system that I don't even look at today (such as Personnas),8,My stakeholders are more informed with the expected delivery dates of certain features. My users seem to appreciate the interaction on the idea bank. The idea bank gives me an easy way to communicate the value our feature releases are providing (number of ideas/votes responded to).,Team Foundation Server and Trello,WebEx Meetings, Atlassian Confluence, SmartsheetThe kitchen sink of product management tools ... that needs a little workOur product team uses aha.io to document our product strategy, prioritize initiatives, create and track roadmaps, then communicate those outcomes to our engineering team. The main reasons we looked for this kind of tool were: To organize our thinking using best practices from our product organizationsTo separate the product planning work from engineering/construction work we do in Jira.,Very flexible workflows, custom fields, terminology, and interface design Easy to get started with whatever elements you want to use without requiring an all in approach. For example, we started with features and releases. After we were comfortable with the product we started managing our goals and initiatives. Even later we opened an idea portal to work with the rest of our business Nice clean look. Good documentation. Responsive support.,Cannot sync time estimation data between aha and jira. Cannot sync feature dependencies between aha and jira. Both of these limitations exist despite both systems supporting this data and their implementations being nearly identical. Keeps adding new features (with sketch, invision, etc, etc out there who the hell wanted to create mockups using aha?!?) without finishing baking those they have. Take alook at the great input on their idea portal and you'll see ideas from years ago that (a) are quite popular and (b) unfinished Expensive,9,Very helpful separating the concerns of our product and engineering teams. Both feel notably more productive working in their "own" tools (aka aha and jira),JIRA Software, Pivotal Tracker, Microsoft Visual Studio Team System and FogBugz,Zapier, JIRA Software, Slack,4
Aha!

Aha! Reviews

Aha!
Filter 31 vetted Aha! reviews and ratings

Himanshu Singh profile photo
December 03, 2018

Review: "Aha! - One of the best Product Roadmapping software"

• Product road-mapping is best in Aha!
  • The types of boards it has gives flexibility to every kind of product managers.
  • It has various matrices to make the foundation for a good PRD.
  • Bug tracking needs to be improvised, JIRA has upper hand in this.
  • Notes section can be improved as we found less flexibility in Notes.
  • The integration of Tech team to use Aha! needs to be strengthened. As of now, Tech is reliable on project tracking software rather than Aha!
If yours is a Product based company and has clear strategy defined for at least a year, Aha! can solve lot of your problems. Aha! gives your Product team a clear idea of how to proceed and where their products are going. The progress, the delays and strategy all are under one umbrella. Best thing is: from top-to-bottom, every product member can work on Aha!.
Read Himanshu Singh's full review
November 30, 2018

"Aha! - Strategy tracked how you need it"

• Aha! can track roadmaps, timelines and projects alongside parent and child tasks or campaigns
  • Aha! creates an easy way to vote up projects or bugs that should be worked
  • Simple way to allow customers to provide feedback and input on features and bugs
  • Look and feel seems to be similar, no matter what options are chosen
  • Putting everything in a single view can be difficult, depending on how much you're tracking
  • Would be nice to have a little more integrated way of getting through roadmaps and projects so you aren't switching back and forth
Aha! is well suited for strategy and roadmap planning. We use it for our different product launches and the related work with each. Aha! Ideas is also very useful for collecting feedback on those products especially in the beta phase. We collect bugs, product and feature ideas, as well as use Aha! to rank them by vote and order them for release.
November 28, 2018

Aha!: "An excellent tool for realizing your strategic vision"

• Roadmap and strategic planning. It is an essential tool for product management.
  • It has near limitless customization capability.
  • The ability to create custom reports and dashboards make it a major strength in a broader adoption in our own organization
  • I think Aha tries to do too much at times. It tries a bit too hard to handle project management as well as product management and as a result can often fall short.
  • Since everything is customized, it is hard to really get the initial implementation correct, even with Enterprise onboarding support.
  • There needs to be some serious work and training around how the integrations with Trello, JIRA, and other essential tools work as it is hard to understand them in a way to explain to our own IT teams and it has caused confusion.
I would specifically recommend Aha when the need is around roadmapping and the ability to outline strategic priorities and goals. However, it is less suited for project based work and that is often conflated into product management tools. It also lacks resource management, which is why the focus should be strictly with strategic planning.
Jarod Bonino profile photo
May 11, 2018

"Aha! is a great tool for high level strategic planning and idea bank management - not so much for day-to-day execution."

• Provides an easy to understand visual for upcoming releases and what is included.
  • Makes it easy for Product Managers to interact directly with users via the Idea Bank portal.
  • Provides a way to link dependencies and related features to help understand expected feature releases.
  • Policing the idea bank to make sure ideas are specific and representative of a single idea is a manual task.
  • There are a lot of times when I save and close an item and it just disappears from my current view. This is usually due to user error, it just seems too easy to make those errors all too often. I wish I was warned if I'm about to save (or close) a record that is going to disappear from my current view.
  • I wish there was easy to find, approachable training material to teach me how to use parts of the system that I don't even look at today (such as Personnas)
Well-suited for strategic release planning and internal stakeholder communication. I would not recommend it for day to day task tracking (although I don't think its intended to be used for that).
Read Jarod Bonino's full review
March 26, 2018

Aha! Review: "The kitchen sink of product management tools ... that needs a little work"

1. To organize our thinking using best practices from our product organizations
  2. To separate the product planning work from engineering/construction work we do in JIRA.
  • Very flexible workflows, custom fields, terminology, and interface design
  • Easy to get started with whatever elements you want to use without requiring an all in approach. For example, we started with features and releases. After we were comfortable with the product we started managing our goals and initiatives. Even later we opened an idea portal to work with the rest of our business
  • Nice clean look. Good documentation. Responsive support.
  • Cannot sync time estimation data between aha and JIRA. Cannot sync feature dependencies between aha and JIRA. Both of these limitations exist despite both systems supporting this data and their implementations being nearly identical.
  • Keeps adding new features (with sketch, invision, etc, etc out there who the hell wanted to create mockups using aha?!?) without finishing baking those they have. Take alook at the great input on their idea portal and you'll see ideas from years ago that (a) are quite popular and (b) unfinished
  • Expensive
Great for software product management. Hard to think of too many situations where a PM team couldn't get value from the product. Not well suited if you're cash strapped. Nor if you want something streamlined and simple.
January 26, 2018

Aha! Review: "Worth the learning curve"

Our organization is using Aha! to help provide transparency across departments. We also use Aha! to collect information about competitors in a centralized location so all reps have access to the same up to date information regarding our competitive advantage.
  • One central location to collaborate among team members
  • So confusing to learn. Way too many options and easy to forget how to access what you are looking for.
While I love using Google Docs to collaborate, documents can easily become lost or stale. Aha! helps keep important information at the forefront of the conversation. That being said, it is extremely intimidating to view and there are way too many options to learn about. It's very confusing when you need to edit or add to a collaboration.
Eric Dunne profile photo
October 26, 2017

Review: "Aha! is a costly discovery tool with mixed results"

We have Aha! implemented for different departments across the organization. For me, as a leader, it helps me to see and prioritize everything that is going on as well as manage expectations. We have it integrated with JIRA so it's easy for everyone to work as they normally do while pushing updates up to a 50K foot view.
  • Being able to organize projects into workstreams/releases helps to show progress and priority.
  • Custom workflows are great for making Aha! work within our established processes while allowing room for growth and change.
  • The cards are really smart with being able to customize contents and color so that I can glance over the board and see what needs attention.
  • Some of the workflows will auto update in non-sensical ways… For instance, it will update a project that is marked as "In Progress" in JIRA to "Done" in Aha!
  • The integration with JIRA doesn't allow auto-updating so that when one of the people I manage adds a project in JIRA it doesn't show up in Aha! until I manually create it in Aha!
  • It's costly to add additional seats to the license so I only have the essential people with permissions to edit or create.
Aha! is a good overview tool that allows visibility into the many moving parts of my department. Some of the details get lost within each project though and I have to do a lot of clicking in and out of elements to get the information I want.
Read Eric Dunne's full review
Leah Sevey profile photo
September 19, 2017

Review: "Aha! keeps me organized - who's working on what task, and what's coming next"

Currently, every department in our organization is using Aha! Our technical team specifically uses Aha! to break down stories into individual tasks. As the Head of Customer Success, I like that I can monitor when tasks are being worked, when they are completed and I can even recommend new features when I hear ideas directly from customers.
  • I love the ideas list. If we have repeating ideas it's easy to prioritize them to our road map.
  • I created and used the competitors list to really break down how we compare against other companies.
  • Releases shows a clean overview of our product road map.
  • When I first started using Aha! I was quite overwhelmed with all of the features. This may be due to user error, but I would have liked more guidance through each step.
Aha! makes it easy for the entire organization to stay connected. I know what tasks are being worked on, what product tasks will happen next and larger features that we will work on in the next few months.

I still have no idea how to use the reports section and I don't personally have tasks represented in Aha!. I find this to be more of a solution for our technical and marketing team. I tend to use software like Zendesk each day to directly assist customer needs.
Read Leah Sevey's full review
Jess Hutton profile photo
September 08, 2017

User Review: "Aha! A simple Kanban tool at last!"

We use Aha! in coordination with JIRA - the simplistic, Kanban-style organization is really great for helping non-technical marketing folks visualize their workflows and plan for what's coming next in their queue. We use Aha! across a bunch of different departments, and have really appreciated the internal linking features, the visual orientation of the design, and the extra features like Gantt charts and timeline mapping.
  • The UI is incredibly simple and intuitive - I picked it up with no particular training.
  • I like how you can sort or filter your boards and tasks into different styles of display until you find the one that works best for you.
  • The internal naming system is really natural, even for people who haven't used a kanban board, sprints, or agile before.
  • The little side features, like linking to external documentation or tying cards together into groups, are all really well handled and easy to use.
  • Some people fuss about it being overly simplistic, but I find that I prefer it.
  • We never took much advantage of the integrations - it'd be nice to push a task from Slack to my board.
  • The board-to-board functionality between peer boards (ie: not two of my own, but my boss's board to mine) was a little rickety.
  • I'd like to see a cleaner archive function.
For a marketing team, where we move quickly and are constantly rearranging our tasks and flows, Aha! is an excellent tool. It takes little maintenance, has high visibility of the big picture tasks, and is easy to modify. We did have trouble with more technical teams, like our devs, feeling like it wasn't built for their needs and struggling to implement it.
Read Jess Hutton's full review
Ross Reynolds profile photo
October 13, 2016

Review: "Aha! - The All-Around Product Management Suite"

We used Aha! across product management, engineering, and management to manage the product backlog and roadmap. We used Aha! primarily for the product view into planning, where engineering used JIRA for project management and support.
  • Aha! is an all around product management suite. It is great for breaking product plans into initiatives, features, and user stories. This helps the organization understand the product plan and what is driving individual work items. Unlike JIRA and project management tools, it helps you prioritize by major themes, features, and releases. Once you start to use it, you can't go back to a project management tool because the views for organizing and prioritizing features just isn't there.
  • Aha! also excels at idea management. You can create a portal for users to submit ideas and manage them through a workflow. Users can submit ideas through a variety of channels, including email, ZenDesk, and Salesforce. You can even attach account values to an idea submitted through Salesforce, though the UI in Salesforce is a little kludgy. This is a great feature for those that have the capacity to manage feedback this way, but be aware that it takes time to manage.
  • Aha! works pretty well with JIRA so that project managers can have their backlog that is understandable to the business and engineering can break down those work items however they want.
  • Aha! also has a lot of useful integrations: Slack, ZenDesk, Zapier, etc. It also integrates with every major software project management tool on the market: JIRA, Pivotal, Rally, Redmine, and TFS.
  • There are a few catches once you get down to using it. For example, Aha! maps products to projects as a one-to-one in JIRA. Why should anyone care? If your Engineering team is organized into functional groups that work on more than one product, this can be a mess. You can't send features to two different teams for one product. Other products like Wizeline support this.
  • Idea management can be overvalued. Be sure you need it before you make it a must-have feature. Idea management is great for enterprise B2B companies with a small base of users to support and the development capacity to be responsive to ad hoc feedback. Think a closed beta participant group, a CAB or small disciplined internal user group like Customer Success. However, it takes a large PM team and excess capacity in Development to manage this sort of feedback. Otherwise, you set yourself up for failure. Look at Aha!'s own idea portal, and you can see it takes a large PM team to track everything, and even then, the user community has to accept that there isn't going to be an immediate response the way a service desk would respond to a problem ticket. If this functionality is not key, there are other tools like User Voice that can be purchased separately later to provide best of breed feedback management.
  • Capacity Planning is a major missing feature. Aha! has half functional capacity planning. It requires manual entry and does not support easy bottom up feedback and progress tracking from the dev team working in JIRA. My team found that it was not usable enough to show what was above or below the line on the fly. This is very disempowering for Product Managers who 'want their mojo back' as Aha!'s marketing says. There is a huge discussion in the Aha! user community about this. Even Brian and Chris have responded, so they are looking at it. It's hard to lead management discussions about what to do when resource tradeoffs on what is above or below the line are not clear. This has been one of the most requested features that is still not there after a year of users clamoring for it...
  • The Salesforce integration is not as useful as we thought. My Sales Team found it unusable because of kludgy UI issues. Also, it was hard for users to pile on with other accounts needing the feature, so it only represented one ask from one account, not the market. Plus, it can be totally random which sales person speaks up, leading to a squeaky wheel effect. We found it easier to run this kind of analysis through our web analytics tool, Woopra. Any major account requests were just handled the old fashioned way.
  • We did not use the strategy or roadmap screens as much. We really just needed a wiki to store this info. Old fashioned PowerPoint and tools like Product Plan can cover this as an alternative. Our core usage centered around the initiatives, the product backlog screen, and the reporting (for the roadmap as opposed to the actual roadmap page).
  • Aha! is the all around product management tool. You need something once you build out a product management role and grow beyond a small scrum team with one or two products. JIRA, Pivotal, and project management tools don't cut it for aligning [engineering] with product initiatives once the backlog starts to scale.
  • On the other hand, there are several unfinished features that my peers all admit to having to work around: Capacity Planning, Salesforce Integration, Roadmap Display Flexibility, User Feedback, etc. This year has been all about reporting in terms of feature releases. As Aha! grows, they will fill in these other areas, so stay tuned.
Read Ross Reynolds's full review