Lessonly Reviews

May 14, 2021

Alternatives Considered

Lessonly was already chosen by the company and I was introduced to it. Very quickly I really liked it. It made it so easy to watch and manage training videos for employees. I feel like Lessonly is one of the leaders of LMS platforms on the market. I'm very impressed.
April 25, 2021

Alternatives Considered

Lessonly offers a feature that was critical for us, which was a full search feature (within content as well as tags, titles, etc.). This really put Lessonly over the top for us.
January 15, 2020
Zack Uzzle, ITIL, ATD Master Trainer | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

There is no comparison between Lessonly and LearnCore (previous LMS). Lessonly's robust feature set offered improvements in every area (learner management, content management, platform administration and customization). The ability to practice skills within Lessonly would also be beneficial (although to be clear this isn't a feature we currently use).
Read Zack Uzzle, ITIL, ATD Master Trainer's full review
January 13, 2020
Cait Kaider | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Not Applicable. I had to choose a platform in order to move forward. I have not used any products like Lessonly. I have always trained staff the old fashioned way: spending several days to a week showing the new hires the ropes, getting them settled, sitting with them while they run through the first few jobs on their own, and then let them work solo. Lessonly eliminates 90% of that because it teaches them for you. You build the lessons once and then you can use them as many times as you want.
Read Cait Kaider's full review
March 01, 2020
Jeanette Carroll | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I haven't really used or evaluated any other product like Lessonly. I found Lessonly in searching the apps associated with Zenefits, which we have used as an HR/onboarding platform for our clients and our own internal staff. I researched it and found it to be a platform that would work well for our clients.
Read Jeanette Carroll's full review
February 25, 2020
Daniel Chance | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I think Lessonly is the gold standard when it comes to training software. I think there are cheaper alternatives, but if you are settling based on price, you will find yourself having even more frustrations when the software isn't easy to use, configure, manage, etc. I don't think it was a Lessonly vs. anyone.
Read Daniel Chance's full review
January 23, 2020
Eliana Trink | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

• AspenONE Asset Performance Management (APM)
Again, not really relevant here. I haven't used other products, and wasn't part of the decision process in choosing Lessonly.
Read Eliana Trink's full review
December 29, 2019
Elizabeth McLees | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Lessonly has great admin abilities and is very easy to use on both the user end and the admin end. Lessons are incredibly easy to use and create, and they look great without too much effort on the creator’s side.
Read Elizabeth McLees's full review
December 20, 2019
Carly Foerster | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

We looked to bring on an LMS for a few reasons. First, to free up our bandwidth (with a small team of two training and developing 60+ revenue generating roles) - an LMS system allowed us to create well-built out, self-paced trainings that did not need to be delivered in person. Second, we needed a tool to better track, train, teach, and gather insight into how our reps are progressing in their development. Lessonly has delivered in spades.

We are able to leverage Lessonly in so many different ways: new hire onboarding trainings, product updates, marketing roll-outs, knowledge base, compliancy trainings, etc.

Read Carly Foerster's full review
February 28, 2020

Alternatives Considered

MindTickle was hated by our users - company switched to Lessonly before I arrived.

Allego and Docebo both seem to have fundamentally different uses - mostly for hive-mind knowledge collection among salespeople, which may be helpful, but can't be scaled to the entire organization, and not suited to top-down training requirements. We may eventually purchase to supplement Lessonly, not replace it.
April 03, 2020

Alternatives Considered

Skyprep was very limited in how you could add and edit lesson modules. You had to upload documents where the formatting changed from how you had it set up to how it appeared on Skyprep. It was very hard to use and didn't offer a lot of features to make training less monotonous like Lessonly does. You create your module right on Lessonly instead of uploading something you created, which really streamlined the process.
April 01, 2020

Alternatives Considered

We selected Lessonly because it was more comprehensive than many of the other options on the market, and more specifically geared toward customer service than some others. The flexibility and customizable options were also incredibly appealing--being able to fully create our own content.
February 13, 2020

Alternatives Considered

Lessonly is quite a bit more user friendly than either of these softwares, but they are used differently. The other ones I have used were primarily for SCORM courses, where Lessonly is not great for SCORM courses, but it can be used for that. Overall, I think Lessonly is better for quick, easy, on-the-go training.
January 23, 2020

Alternatives Considered

Lessonly was our top choice because it was the only one who had all the features we were looking for.
January 22, 2020

Alternatives Considered

I evaluated all of these in some capacity or another but did not do a full trial of any of them. You can accomplish similar feats with each but Lessonly's philosophy and team are really what sold me. Learning should be simple and Lessonly helps keep it simple while still allowing you to "Do Better Work". Though I cannot provide an in-depth comparison to Pluralsight and MindTickle, I will say that I have not once looked back thinking I wish I had done more research into them. Lessonly is here to stay with our organization for the foreseeable future!
January 20, 2020

Alternatives Considered

I cannot answer this question as I have not used any other programs. I tested a few as demos while searching for Lessonly and it made my choice very easy. The others were clunky and outdated. Lessonly is sleek and user friendly.
January 18, 2020

Alternatives Considered

I have used one other similar software in the past, and Lessonly is much more user-friendly. The previous software was extremely clunky, and even after going through training on it, I never fully utilized it because of how overly complicated it was.
December 20, 2019

Alternatives Considered

Lessonly's tools allow me to natively create screen recordings with narration - this was something that I couldn't do with other LMS products that I reviewed. Other providers did not offer the ability to quickly pull up lessons and review them side-by-side in Chrome. Being able to create diverse content and also make it really easy for learners to access that information was really important to me. I was impressed by Lessonly's user-friendly platform from the get-go.

Course authoring (105)
Course catalog or library (103)
Player/Portal (82)
Learning content (101)
Mobile friendly (56)
Progress tracking & certifications (93)
Assignments (104)
Compliance management (60)
Learning administration (97)
Learning reporting & analytics (92)
Social learning (69)

What is Lessonly?

Lessonly is training software with an ecosystem of partners, strategy and services that are aligned under the mantra of Do Better Work.

The vendor has worked with over 800 companies to help them train their teams. The vendor says they've learned that the highest performing organizations build their training on the same six pillars:

• Assess (Gather Needs & Inputs) Listen to people, data, and the market; identify successes and challenges; and accurately assess your sales team's training needs.
  • Plan (Prioritize for Impact) Identify the most essential objectives and outcomes, and intentionally set milestones for creation and delivery.
  • Build (Create Quickly & Collaboratively) Work with teammates at the front lines of the business to develop and iterate on bite-sized training/content.
  • Learn (Meet Learners Where They Are) Push training content to teammates-- anywhere, anytime-- so they can quickly solve problems in their moment of need.
  • Practice (Rehearse, Refine, Repeat) Reinforce skills and information with realistic practice scenarios and receive feedback to fuel improvement.
  • Perform (Doing Better Work) Empower the organization to continuously improve, deliver and quantify results.

The results? Faster onboarding, higher NPS score, more closed deals and a superior customer experience.

Lessonly Features

Learning Management Features

Has featureCourse authoring
Has featureCourse catalog or library
Has featurePlayer/Portal