Lessonly

So far, Lessonly stacks up!

April 25, 2021
We use Lessonly in our operations department for on-boarding and knowledge retention. We hope to expand use to other departments as well. …

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Customer Support 2021
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2020

Course authoring (107)

9.6

Learning content (103)

9.5

Assignments (106)

9.4

Course catalog or library (105)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Lessonly, and make your voice heard!

Pro

Contact sales team

Pro + Coaching

Enterprise Learning for Global Teams

Learning Management

What is Lessonly?

Lessonly, now from Seismic (acquired August 2021) is training software with an ecosystem of partners, strategy and services that are aligned under the mantra of Do Better Work.

The vendor has worked with over 800 companies to help them train their teams. The vendor says they've learned that the highest performing organizations build their training on the same six pillars:

• Assess (Gather Needs & Inputs) Listen to people, data, and the market; identify successes and challenges; and accurately assess your sales team's training needs.
  • Plan (Prioritize for Impact) Identify the most essential objectives and outcomes, and intentionally set milestones for creation and delivery.
  • Build (Create Quickly & Collaboratively) Work with teammates at the front lines of the business to develop and iterate on bite-sized training/content.
  • Learn (Meet Learners Where They Are) Push training content to teammates-- anywhere, anytime-- so they can quickly solve problems in their moment of need.
  • Practice (Rehearse, Refine, Repeat) Reinforce skills and information with realistic practice scenarios and receive feedback to fuel improvement.
  • Perform (Doing Better Work) Empower the organization to continuously improve, deliver and quantify results.

The results? Faster onboarding, higher NPS score, more closed deals and a superior customer experience.

Lessonly Features

• Supported: Tin Can (xAPI) compliant
  • Supported: Social learning

Lessonly Competitors

Lessonly Technical Details

Supported CountriesNorth America, South America, Latin America, Western Europe, Central/Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Australia
Supported LanguagesFilipino, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, Swedish, Dutch, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Arabic, Turkish, Vietnamese

What is Lessonly?

Lessonly, from Seismic since the August 2021 acquisition, is a learning management system (LMS). The vendor emphasizes eLearning for client-facing skills, as well as a drag-and-drop interface. Lessonly supports customizable learning paths and corporate onboarding processes.

What is Lessonly's best feature?

Reviewers rate Progress tracking & certifications highest, with a score of 9.9.

Who uses Lessonly?

The most common users of Lessonly are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Computer Software industry.

We selected Lessonly over in depth evals of Trainual and Rise (not sure if that Rise is the correct link above) and all three are great tools. This came down to intuitive UI and the price point for us. As a growing company, they were willing to work with us to gradient up a price point that made sense to not overspend as we grow and we appreciated that. The interface needed to be easy enough for our non-technical staff to easily intuit without a lot of training on how to use the training module!
Patrick Herrera | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • GoSaaS Employee Training System (ETS)
I think Lessonly is unique and [more] reliable than its alternatives because of its ease of use. Every team member in our company loves Lessonly because it is easy to implement and navigate. It has an organized interface that everyone in our team understands. Moreover, Lessonly has the best customer care team because they respond instantly to our questions.
Lessonly was already chosen by the company and I was introduced to it. Very quickly I really liked it. It made it so easy to watch and manage training videos for employees. I feel like Lessonly is one of the leaders of LMS platforms on the market. I'm very impressed.
April 03, 2020

Highly Recommend

Skyprep was very limited in how you could add and edit lesson modules. You had to upload documents where the formatting changed from how you had it set up to how it appeared on Skyprep. It was very hard to use and didn't offer a lot of features to make training less monotonous like Lessonly does. You create your module right on Lessonly instead of uploading something you created, which really streamlined the process.
We selected Lessonly because it was more comprehensive than many of the other options on the market, and more specifically geared toward customer service than some others. The flexibility and customizable options were also incredibly appealing--being able to fully create our own content.
March 01, 2020

Lessonly for Business

Jeanette Carroll | TrustRadius Reviewer
I haven't really used or evaluated any other product like Lessonly. I found Lessonly in searching the apps associated with Zenefits, which we have used as an HR/onboarding platform for our clients and our own internal staff. I researched it and found it to be a platform that would work well for our clients.
February 28, 2020

Love Lessonly!

MindTickle was hated by our users - company switched to Lessonly before I arrived.

Allego and Docebo both seem to have fundamentally different uses - mostly for hive-mind knowledge collection among salespeople, which may be helpful, but can't be scaled to the entire organization, and not suited to top-down training requirements. We may eventually purchase to supplement Lessonly, not replace it.
February 25, 2020

Train with POWER

Daniel Chance | TrustRadius Reviewer
I think Lessonly is the gold standard when it comes to training software. I think there are cheaper alternatives, but if you are settling based on price, you will find yourself having even more frustrations when the software isn't easy to use, configure, manage, etc. I don't think it was a Lessonly vs. anyone.
Lessonly is quite a bit more user friendly than either of these softwares, but they are used differently. The other ones I have used were primarily for SCORM courses, where Lessonly is not great for SCORM courses, but it can be used for that. Overall, I think Lessonly is better for quick, easy, on-the-go training.
I evaluated all of these in some capacity or another but did not do a full trial of any of them. You can accomplish similar feats with each but Lessonly's philosophy and team are really what sold me. Learning should be simple and Lessonly helps keep it simple while still allowing you to "Do Better Work". Though I cannot provide an in-depth comparison to Pluralsight and MindTickle, I will say that I have not once looked back thinking I wish I had done more research into them. Lessonly is here to stay with our organization for the foreseeable future!