Message alerts (63)

Audio conferencing (57)

5.9

Answering rules (58)

5.7

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of RingCentral MVP, and make your voice heard!

Essentials (up to 20 users)

Standard

Premium

per user/per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.ringcentral.com/office/plan…

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $19.99 per month

5.8

Mobile apps

6.5

What is RingCentral MVP?

RingCentral MVP is a cloud-based VoIP solution available via computer mobile application. It features video and audio conferencing, desktop phone rentals, collaboration tools, and integrations with other business applications. RingCentral offers plans available on a monthly, per user subscription basis.

Small Business
RingCentral provides a platform specifically for small businesses who need an easy-to-use phone system. It comes with support for cloud phone (standard VoIP) and team messaging features in addition to support for online meetings and fax. Users can try a free trial of this offering before purchasing.

Enterprise
Designed to scale for larger, global businesses. Not only supports inter-office communication, but communications with customers and clients.
  • All in-one phone, video conferencing, and team messaging
  • Team collaboration with file sharing and task assignments/scheduling
  • Online meetings (video conferencing, screen-sharing)
  • Outbound customer contact center w/ omnichannel routing and a
  • Digital and social engagement platform

RingCentral MVP Video

What is RingCentral?

RingCentral MVP Integrations

RingCentral MVP Competitors

RingCentral MVP Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise
Operating SystemsWindows, Linux, Mac

What is RingCentral MVP?

How much does RingCentral MVP cost?

RingCentral MVP starts at $19.99.

What is RingCentral MVP's best feature?

Reviewers rate Mobile app for Android highest, with a score of 7.

Who uses RingCentral MVP?

The most common users of RingCentral MVP are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Computer Software industry.

We have been using RC for many years now, the initial setup was very difficult, making sure the lines rang in the right Extensions, Desk-phones, etc. This system is not scalable. If you have a company with many employees and you want all the outside calls to show the same caller ID, look somewhere else for service, you can't do this with RC. Getting someone in tech support is really difficult, the voice prompt system is terrible, and don't forget your six-digit pin for checking the voicemail because you will go in circles and be unable to bypass the "pin" requirement to speak with someone, in fact, is like they really don't want you to speak with someone, once you have someone in the line they are nice and try to help you. The new desktop app is glitchy, I get missed call notifications after a couple of hours, We have to download images before we can just print or print to PDF, sometimes this creates the app to freeze. Lastly, I write a lot in Spanish to Spanish-speaking clients, I can't write the letter "ñ", No Bueno. You Can't save contacts across all users, each user has to save their own contact, and they do not sync.
I am being held in professional hostage by RingCentral by being forced to reopen a canceled trial account because RingCentral's account team did not cancel my porting request when I canceled my trial account (before the expiration). This was after I specifically requested and received assurances that the porting request would also be canceled (which it was not). I was subsequently forced to reopen the account to port MY number away to my new provider. Further to that injury, I was forced to pay the fees associated with the canceled trial account to ensure the porting went through (even though the porting error was due to no fault of my own). Moreover, I have been now BILLED TWICE FOR THE SAME SERVICE today (on a Saturday)! I further am inconvenienced by not having access to customer support to resolve the billing issue because RingCentral does not employ people on weekends! I will be sharing my experience with every social media and business watchdog outlet I can find as soon as this nightmare is resolved.
We have been experiencing voice delays of 3 to 4 seconds on all calls for the past year. I have contacted and been working with two of RingCentral’s overseas tech reps. Nice guys but they really have no idea how to help. They have asked me to perform the same phone test 6 times during this time and still no help. Now they have sent me links on how to reconfigure our phones, along with our routers, firewalls, network switches, and modems. I am not a trained IT tech. And, I don’t have the time nor the inclination to tackle this problem. This is what I pay you for. And you have no problem being there when it is time to collect, I see. Face it RingCentral, your customer service is terrible at best. What you have put my company through, and others that I have talked to is unacceptable. I just can’t take this anymore. And please do not send me your cookie-cutter response: we're so sorry to hear about your experience. We'd love to help. We'll be sending you the Review Team Email, please reach out! If you really want to make me a happy customer…FIX MY VOICE DELAY PROBLEM!
We use the phone system as well as use the messaging feature with our staff. We needed something that works with Admins that live internationally but also that was easy enough to use for our general staff. Being able to invite clients to use it as well for free through the chat feature is helpful and the video virtual calls are excellent.
This service is horrible. I would never wish it upon my competitor. It is crippling. Cuts in and out all the time, when they have an issue be prepared to be on a chat window on a phone call holding all day. Service is absolutely horrid - I would give zero stars. Do not trust ANY of the reviews that say this company has the best customer service ever encountered. I have been trying 5 different ways for 2 hours just to get a rep or get verified. It is ridiculous.
I have been a customer since 2013 and I raise donations to save animals who have been abused. I got Ring Central in 2013 so I can talk to the 600 nonprofits I support. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, I had to close my doors and we no longer need Ring Central service. I have spent over 4 hours on hold with 5 different reps and they refuse to help me. They keep transferring us around to different people and will leave you on hold and even just hang up on me. We have helped save thousands of animals since 2013 and I cannot believe this is how they treat customers like me. We have asked them to send me the signed agreements and they cannot produce any other agreements they have lied and said I have signed. Ring Central said we signed an extra 2 years magically the day we called to cancel. Isn't that convenient? Take a look at another review such as Yelp and you will see they are trying this same exact tactic with other customers. I have spoken to Ring Central customer service reps like Jesus and Ralph and neither will handle my cancellation and both have kept us on hold for hours. Anytime you ask for someone’s contact information they say they do not have it. Can you believe this is how they treat customers of 8 years? Since Ring Central refuses to cancel our service we are now forced to take further action. 1. We have contacted our attorney to take on our case now. 2. We have canceled the card on file with them and contacted our Chase Business Service Rep and let them know Ring Central is trying to scam us. 3. We let our 2 million fans, followers, and likes know that Ring Central is trying to scam our business. These supporters are extremely passionate about our work and will not be happy with how we are being treated. 4. We are leaving negative reviews on any service so as many people as possible knows to avoid Ring Central.
This is an important tool that our company has been using and relying on for our customer's confidential documents. We've been using this ever since and so far it never fails us. It delivers the performance as expected and most of the time, it even exceeded our expectations. No regret on this tool so far.
We currently use this system across all of our branches across the US. Before we had the "hard phone" option, but since switching over to RingCentral (soft-phone service) I can honestly say it has been a total game changer. We had extensions before, but if you were on a call there was no way to know if someone else was calling you. With RingCentral, you are able to see who else is calling, and decide to send to voicemail, put the current party on hold, or conference altogether. The availability/unavailability functions are also superb. If you are working on a project and need to be out of the queue, there's an option for that. In a meeting? There's an option for that! Overall it has been a great transition.
David Yates | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use RingCentral daily in our organization across all members of the team. RingCentral has been our phone system since 2005, and has continued to satisfy with their high level of service and ever-expanding arsenal of features. RingCentral is our single portal for truly unified communications - phone, fax (yes, that is still a thing!), texting, conference call, video, webinar, and collaboration (team) software. It works across all platforms seamlessly; from deskphone to flip phone.
Our organization uses RingCentral as the primary VoIP phone system. Additionally, we use RingCentral's app, Glip, for calling, voicemail, chats, meetings, text messages, and faxes. Switching to RingCentral's cloud-based, hosted solution allowed us to scrap our legacy phone system that was prone to errors and outdated in its functionality. Having a cloud-based phone system was also important in supporting our displaced workforce as many employees need to work remotely because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Primarily, we got RingCentral as a softphone with digital assistant. However, it came with additional features that were also used such as a fax line, Glip (a collaboration platform), and RC Meetings (powered by Zoom). Glip and RC Meetings being used almost daily by everyone, while the phone and fax were utilized by myself.
Aaron Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
After a merger, we were on a Cisco on-premise system as well as a proprietary phone system. We needed to put both companies onto the same unified system. We knew we didn't want another Cisco system as they are extremely difficult to work with (both as a product and a company). I pitched RingCentral to our company as a solution that would 100% work, guaranteed. I had implemented it at a previous company and knew it would work. The other staff wanted to try out Teams Calling and Skype for Business. I let them fail at that first, sometimes you just have to let people fail until they admit you were right all along.

After the failures to implement Teams/Skype, I was given the go-ahead to try out RingCentral on a test basis. I knew it would work, and of course it did. Once you're on a 100% cloud system, you'll never go back to on-premise. I implemented RingCentral and any hiccups I ran into due to call routing or desk phone (99% of our users don't have a desk phone, but a few wanted one) setup, support was very helpful if I couldn't figure it out from the online support. We have been using it solidly for 8 months now without issues.

The cell phone and desktop app are easy enough to figure out that you don't need to train your users. And if you can help people see the light that they don't need a desk phone anymore, that will greatly simplify the implementation. A large graphical UI is the easiest thing to figure out as compared to a small screen with a bunch of physical buttons, so users can learn on their own.

I'll never have to worry about upgrading some on premise piece of junk again. I'll just give RingCentral my credit card each month and know my phone system is going to work 24/7 without any maintenance on my part.

I am the finance guy implementing the phone system. I'm not the tech guy here. If I can do it, it must be so simple anyone can do it.

Jon Shurtliff | TrustRadius Reviewer
RingCentral is used as our primary method of communication for Phone, Video Conferencing, Screen Sharing, and messaging. We rolled it out across all of our divisions and all our locations in North America.
RingCentral allowed us to eliminate our single point of failure on-prem PBX and gives our employees access to all their communications on their computer or mobile - from work or from home.
RingCentral is currently used as the central communication hub for the entire business. All inbound customer calls enter the RingCentral system and handling depending on the time of day. Additionally, we were able to eliminate 99.99% of robocall spam through the implementation of the AutoAttendant system, requiring the user to press zero to speak to the operator.
Mike McCloskey | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used Ring Central for an e-fax solution for our entire organization. We handle escrow real estate closings, title insurance, and title abstracting. While much of our client and vendor communications are served by email and cloud systems; many still rely on facsimile for simple and secure communication.

One key advantage of e-fax is making the documents directly available to our users as .pdf files which are ready for import into our cloud based management systems. It is also very useful to be able to send documents for fax delivery directly from our applications.

In the end Ring Central e-fax was a failure.
Rex Allen | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been a relatively happy RingCentral customer. I recently got a quote from another provider. I am switching, only to be told that RingCentral auto-renews contracts for 24 months. Any business that auto-renews a contract for 24 months after 5 years is not a good customer service company. Any company that does not allow any ability for the customers to leave obviously is not concerned with working to keep them.
Govind Rai | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use RingCentral for multiple projects wherein we are required to call leads and clients. It's rarely used for internal communication. Before switching to RingCentral, we used lots of vendors such as Fenero, Skype, and local VOIP providers; however, we faced the following issues with others:
  • Bad lines (voice choppiness)
  • Ugly UI
  • Poor support
We use RingCentral across departments. It assigns each user a unique number with access to messages and voicemail. The users can call the customer using RingCentral on their mobile phone as well. So receiving and calling from remote is not a problem anymore.
Daniel Lampkin | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use RingCentral for inbound and outbound calls as well as intraoffice communications. We implemented it to assist with the transition to working from home, and in that regard, it has performed fantastically. We use it heavily, and for the most part, it tends to stand up to the task.

RingCentral is used as our phone system throughout the company, so callers can get to the right employee when calling our main toll free number. We also use RingCentral for online meetings so that participants can call into the same line and view the leader's screen during the session. We also use RingCentral Meetings for customer support so that we can troubleshoot on the client's computers.
Brian Del Terzo | TrustRadius Reviewer
I originally used RingCentral for all of our VOIP services. The Desktop Soft-phone and Physical phone compatibility are top notch. The service was nearly uninterrupted. Find me follow me as I think they referred to it was also an option that could be enabled per direct user so that if you weren't at your desk, calls in could ring your mobile or other team members. The user and admin dashboards are extremely user friendly, and so was the setup and implementation of the auto attendant call tree, call routing, departments etc. A great solution for large or small companies that would like more flexibility... I could go on and on.
We made the switch from RingCentral to Zendesk Talk less than 1 month ago. Prior to the switch, our organization used RingCentral for about 3 years. RingCentral was used by our customer support and sales teams. All other departments had RingCentral installed on their computers and used it as well for internal and external communications. RingCentral was our one and only phone system.

RingCentral provides a quality softphone system for communication with customers via phone, fax, and text. Their internal communication app, Glip is also a useful tool.
Linda Wilson-Gordon | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use RingCentral for both incoming toll-free calls and conference calls. It solves the business problem of multiple people in different locations. Our entire organization uses Ring Central, and we have for about four years now.