Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Universal recovery (300)8.686%
- Incremental backup identification (337)8.585%
- Deduplication and file compression (324)8.484%
- Instant recovery (576)8.484%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
Unitrends helps solve today’s modern IT data protection problems with purpose-built proprietary cloud environment that integrates with turnkey backup appliances to deliver offsite, long-term data retention and white-glove Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS). Through automation Unitrends aims to minimize manual tasks, eliminates management complexity, and delivers tested hardware and software resilience.
Predictive analytics that monitor data characteristics, flag suspicious files, and alert administrators to threats.
Recovery Assurance tool provides automated failover, recovery testing, and compliance reporting.
Monitoring & Support
Recovery Series backup appliances include predictive analytics that anticipate hardware problems and send out alerts before issues occur. Once an issue is detected, a member of Unitrends’s support team will notify users and help to resolve the problem pre-emptively.
- Supported: Universal recovery
- Supported: Instant recovery
- Supported: Recovery verification
- Supported: Business application protection
- Supported: Multiple backup destinations
- Supported: Incremental backup identification
- Supported: Backup to the cloud
- Supported: Deduplication and file compression
- Supported: Snapshots
- Supported: Flexible deployment
- Supported: Management dashboard
- Supported: Platform support
- Supported: Retention options
- Supported: Encryption
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
Tape was a lot of manual work.
Carbonite did not have a single interface to manage all backups under one console.
Spectrum protect creates too many complications though it is the swizz army knife of backup, it just takes too much time and energy to run and manage.
Veeam is too simplistic though and can only handle VM backups well.
Both products are also comes with a pretty high price tag.
Unitrends is simpler than both Veeam and TSM.
It is cheaper as well.
And finally it is also much more flexible than Veeam - in our case it can replace both products and make operations simpler and give us new options like completely automated DR testing.