January 10, 2017
C-Level Executive in Finance and AccountingNon-Profit Organization Management Company, 11-50 employees
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with MIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP)
We use MIP for financial reporting for internal and external purposes.
- Reporting capabilities and ability to span various time frames in reporting of financial information.
- Grant reporting.
- Robust system captures all activities. Unlike QuickBooks, the software cannot be easily manipulated. Provides a basis for strong internal controls.
- Report writing - not as intuitive as it could be. I have taken 2 - 1/2 day courses in report writing and still have not mastered the ability to develop a report from scratch. But, I am learning.
- Greater ease in developing import files through templates or better guidance from Abila.
- Help manuals are not always that easy to understand.
The ability to manage multiple funds from multiple sources is all in the set up. We were a new organization and had difficulty in determining what our future needs would be so things could have been set up better. The inability to merge at all levels: cost centers, revenue sources, etc., is somewhat limiting.
NonProfit - NonProfit Technologies is great to work with. I rely on them to tell me the advantages/disadvantages of adopting a software update early or rather to wait. They are very responsive and helpful. Would highly recommend.