Overall Satisfaction with Act-On
Act-On is used mainly by our marketing department to segment our marketing lists by industry and to automate the email communications we have with those lists. We were trying to run multi-level marketing campaigns by hand before we started using Act-On, eventually keeping track of it all in Excel made us want to cry. Our main objective was to automate list segmentation and lead nurturing.
- List Segmentation. We can slice and dice lists in any way we please, add them to automated marketing programs, and track prospect engagement easily.
- Lead Nurturing. Getting the automated programs set up takes a bit of time upfront but once they are in place they run on their own essentially.
- Website Tracking. It's always nice to know who is on our website and what they are looking at.
- Exporting Reports. The reporting is beautiful within the system, but when I export it's a bit harder to work with.
- Social Media. There's room for improvement on engagement here. It's fine for distribution but it's less social feeling than the networks themselves. I don't know is anyone does social media correctly yet.
- Increased employee efficiency, we no longer waste time in Excel.
- Increased visibility into prospect activity and readiness to buy.
- More time to focus on marketing strategy and content creation which is the core of keeping Act-On successful for us.
We are a small business, Eloqua and Marketo were overkill for us. Infusionsoft was great we just felt like Act-On was a better fit for us. HubSpot is magical, I respect them as a company and they have a great product. It came down to monthly pricing, no contract, not needing inbound functionality yet and a cheaper overall cost.
We renew every month because of the time savings, ease of use and visibility it gives us.
If your need matches their offering I would highly recommend them. There are a ton of marketing automation offerings out there. Act-On is good for small to large companies looking for an easy to use lead nurturing tool. You can insert your marketing strategy into their software and let it run. You will need someone to do a lot of work upfront to get it set up and then to continue adding to it as time goes on. It's pretty intuitive and with their training I would say that anyone should be able to master it.