Adobe Campaign - Emailing Made Easy!
June 27, 2019
Adobe Campaign - Emailing Made Easy!
Score 8 out of 10
Adobe Campaign v6/v7 – On-Premise
- Offers/Interaction Management
- Transactional Messages
- Landing pages
Overall Satisfaction with Adobe Campaign
We purchased Adobe Campaign to use as an Enterprise Communication Platform to be our in-house solution for managing and sending email and SMS communications. We needed a single product to be used for marketing communications to our customers. We utilized the email tracking capability that Campaign offers to provide us with insights into unique opens and click-throughs to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and to determine which email campaigns provided the most lift.
- Its main strength is automating marketing communications.
- Adobe Campaign has a very intuitive interface, with several tools displayed in the right menus.
- It provides the possibility to create any type of campaign, from simple to complex.
- It comes with some great features, like the email delivery, that works perfectly well and even allows integration with third-party apps.
- It requires administrator rights in order to deploy into an environment.
- We do not want changes directly in a production environment so deployments are a bottleneck since only a few have access.
- Performing user audits are difficult or even impossible in certain cases to determine who started/executed/made changes to a workflow.
- There's no easy way to roll back changes.
It's a global setup as you have the ease to access multiple customer profiles from a centralized place and analyze your audience after a campaign is launched as well as the performance of the campaign, which is something that I really like about it. In addition to the automotive campaigns and the real-time management, the ease of use and having everything in one place makes for this a must-have tool in your arsenal.
Adobe Campaign improves your email marketing with personalized and contextually relevant messages. We use the native email capabilities in Adobe Campaign alongside our other marketing channels. With more complete data, it delivers better email personalization and improves our email automation, deliverability, and reporting. With the help of Adobe Campaign, we were able to bring customer data from different systems, devices, and channels into a single profile.
- Direct Mail
We use Adobe Campaign for email, SMS and Direct Mail. It is used across marketing, web and call center teams to help drive improved results. Not all audience segments have the same needs or bring the same value. Adobe Campaign helps us to use data to understand our unique customer segments and then craft the best campaigns to make meaningful connections with each one.
The integration with Adobe Experience Cloud allows us to create email contents or forms mapped to the Adobe Campaign database directly in Adobe Experience Manager. By default, four templates designed for creating Adobe Campaign email contents are available in AEM. You must use one of these templates to ensure the content's compatibility with Adobe Campaign.
The campaign functions that you're looking for are all present but a decent number of them are difficult to find and actually much less practical than you'd imagine. The software is frequently being improved upon and updated on Adobe's end. They are actively updating and adding new features but compared to competitors on the marketplace they're not offering anything significantly better. The reporting features are generally lacking and not enjoyable to use. I would recommend fixing that for future iterations of the platform.