Great but not Perfect
June 18, 2019
Great but not Perfect
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with ADP Workforce Now
I use most of ADP Workforce Now functions such as Payroll and HR management, Payroll Process, Time and Attendance, and Benefits Management to do Caelo payroll. We had a hard time managing employee's benefit on one software, however, ADP Workforce Now provides web-based human resources (HR) application designed especially for midsize businesses. That app gathers and automates all of HR processes into a single dashboard so we can create additional user permissions for our employees to help them coordinate and manage multiple HR functions. It also allows us to manage all our employees’ benefits, holidays and easily generate insightful reports.
- You can minimize administrative duties and errors with real-time payroll calculations. Plus, it’s possible to leverage the help of compliance experts to get more peace of mind.
- The software allows you to improve productivity with automated time tracking, reporting features, and employee self-service that is accessible on mobile devices.
- ADP Workforce Now coordinates your workforce management in a single dashboard. The app is fully transparent and helps you manage payroll, benefits, bonuses, commissions, time and attendance, employee health statistics, and talent management.
- ADP Workforce Now can be accessed on smartphones and tablets. The vendor offers mobile apps for Android and iOS that are fully synced with the web-based dashboard. This gives you full visibility of statistics and reports, and enables you to manage your HR anytime, anywhere.
- Performance Management is cumbersome to set up. The message center is clumsy.
- During December and beginning of January, the hold time can be very long. I have been on hold for over 50 minutes. I really hope that it will be corrected.
- Cannot pull employer-paid taxes, by employee, into any report. Reports showing this information are only produced by ADP on a quarterly basis, and only in a PDF format.
- ADP is a legacy company with legacy systems. Because they have been around for so long, some features seem to be "stacked" on from prior versions instead of given an entire overhaul. This can lead to an lack of intuitive UI and UX compared to younger systems like Workday. Implementation team may give you an "out of the box" setup. May require diligent partnership in configuring to your specifications. Pricing may not be as competitive as other vendors and module implementations can add up.
- The customer support team is cooperative but getting answers from them could be tedious. You have to be on call for almost 15-20 minutes before you could hear a human voice. The response time over emails is not so fast as well. It may take from 4-5 hours to a day to get an answer sometimes. Big problem is sometime they provide different answers on same question.
- This is an extremely robust platform with extensive custom functionality. When properly configured and utilized, WorkforceNow can fit practically any business and payroll model, from small businesses to high volume, enterprise-level companies. Service and Support are best in class and will walk you through anything. Tax filings, notice resolutions, and year-end processes are a breeze. Solid tools and modules - Benefits, Reporting Suite, On boarding, Time Tracking if you paid for the services
Our HR team has saved over 50 hours per month. - A benefit is that the payroll batch spreadsheets are fairly easy to use and are saved to reuse the very next payroll process cycle for which I am very thankful and is a real benefit and makes my job much easier. We have not had any real issues to solve as of yet. However, there is always the possibility that they will appear before we know it.
Cannot view critical setup information on ADP's mainframe. It seems like this gets a little better with each system update ADP does but it's not yet where it needs to be. Not being able to view information such as pay code taxability, or deduction code reporting on the W2, means you have to call their client services line and ask the rep to relay to you what they see which is not always reliable and is definitely inefficient. There is no automatic reminder email that goes out to employees and their managers to remind them to complete and approve their timecards each week or pay period. This is still a manual process.