Overall Satisfaction with Automox
We had issues with WSUS and getting our systems patched. Often times WSUS would be fully released and a system would say it is up to date but not take feature releases. Reporting from WSUS was also horrific. We had zero third-party update management after the initial MDT install. It would be up to the user to update third-party applications like Adobe, Java, and web browsers. If we had issues with web client applications, we'd have to verify the version of their browser first since they could all be at different versions.
- Great support from the Automox team
- Excellent knowledge base and how to programs
- Easy to view systems and updates needed
- Able to create multiple groups or tags for filtering and separate policies
- Constantly releasing new updates and features
- The current agent doesn't recognize if a user manually reboots so the panel constantly says the system needs a restart. They are fixing this in a new version
- Search feature on their worklets. There are work arounds but there is a lot of information to manually look through
- Hard to drill down devices using specific tags or groups. Seems to be a 'and' filter, could add an 'only' option
- The reporting system could use some improvements. Unable to export of view the reports other than the console.
- Windows Patch Management
- Third party application patch management
- Ability to quickly remove or block a patch that can cause issues
- Can use Automox to push software and other changes to workstation
- Previously no patch management reporting although we were using WSUS
- Satisfies the Cyber Insurance need for patching
- Able to patch machines regardless of location, on prem, remote, VPN, etc.
Do you think Automox delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Automox's feature set?
Did Automox live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Automox go as expected?
Would you buy Automox again?
Definitely helps with getting patching up to date. Able to see what connected devices have a specific software version installed. They support a wide range of third-party applications as well as Windows, Mac, and Linux OS and are constantly improving their software or process as users request enhancements. They communicate well about vulnerabilities and hold extra monthly webinars with how-to or feature enhancements.
5 - IT services / help desk take care of the Automox Patching. We pull reports for Management to review.
4 - While there are four of us that are using Automox, we have assigned one lead technician to take care of Automox and the rest of the team assists as needed.
- Third party patching
- Correct Microsoft updates
- Able to force critical zero day patches immediately to all Automox devices
- Able to remove any patch (from all or some machines) that hinder our work or applications
- Able to see who is connected online and who hasn't turned their machine on.
- Able to push any software to connected devices
- Helps us find stale devices in our Active Directory, devices that are not connected to Automox get disabled in AD until we can verify the location and then get it properly updated.