Tom's Brightpearl Review
August 11, 2016
Tom's Brightpearl Review
Trainer/ Training Developer
Highpoint Implementation and Training ServicesInformation Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Brightpearl
I was not involved in the implementation of Brighpearl as it was already in use when I started at the company. From speaking with colleagues who were involved it was very smooth to implement and did not take a lot of time or man power for our end to do so. We have changed the way we use it due to time sheets no longer being available and again this has been a smooth transition.
I have only used customer support once when I was having trouble with my password. I came through to a very helpful member of the team who advised me of my exact issue and the best way to solve it. From here she continued on the phone while I was resetting my password and then when it was resolved we ended the phone call and everything was resolved.
We use it to enter expenses, and to add new contacts and current and potential customers. We also use it for tracking invoicing. It is being used across the whole organisation, and it helps us have one central area where we can find all information, for example, potential leads, current customers, outstanding invoices and expenses. As a small business with a lot of people on the road working, it really helps keep everyone in the loop with things.
- Easy for the end user.
- Being able to create your own bespoke fields and access.
- I think the customer service is strong and it is easy to contact people when needed.
- Good navigation.
- Increased functionality when entering contacts.
- Log-in timeouts can be frustrating.
- The search tool can be improved, the criteria could be a little looser. It is hard to find.
- Being able to add extra fields to the contact pages.
- More information in some of the fields as characters can be limiting.
- More how to videos on the site to help end users.
- It has kept things organised for a small business which is extremely useful. It has enabled staff to focus on other areas of the business.
- Has given one central base for all customer contacts, potential leads and information entered such as expenses so all employees (who work out on site a lot) can login and pick up information on a customer, check their expenses and see where we are with potential leads/customers.
- It has had a really positive impact with invoicing, keeping everything together making it easier to chase.
- Since the timesheets have been removed it has left us as a company searching for better ways to record this out of the system. As of yet we have not had anything concrete and this has certainly had a negative impact.
I did not choose the software but as an end user I am very happy. Agresso is certainly more for the larger company than Brightpearl and gives a lot more flexibility on what you can and can not do. But to implement it and then roll it out across the company and train the staff it would turn into a huge project. Brightpearl for a company our size (15-20 staff) offered a quick, convenient solution giving us exactly what we need (except time sheets).
For a general database is well suited to record information on customers, suppliers and employees. It is also very well suited for chasing invoices. For a small company, cash flow is key and it really helps us keep an eye on this aspect. In my experience it is less well suited for larger organisations as I don't think it offers enough flexibility to be able to customise to their specific needs as such as other software might.
Evaluating Brightpearl and Competitors
- Product Usability
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
The usability for us is key. With multiple people on the road it is difficult to train people in who to use a software when they are out and busy working. Having something simple as this makes it easy to roll out as a company and give everyone a quick tutorial informally and so far it has worked great.
I don't think I would. Having worked with ERP software for years I understood what was needed as a business and this fit us to a T. The only aspect I would look at now is the lack of time sheets which has caused some hassle to us as a business. But the selection process would remain the same.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
No - As we are a small business this is seen as a luxury cost. As we need to save money as a business we can not at the moment have this support. In the future if the money is available then we would be more than happy to have this option, but with the usability of the product I am not sure it is required.
When I could not login to the system I called support - having changed my password 10 times. The woman on the fun was very helpful and I could not have asked for more support. She walked me through the whole process and stayed with me until I was fully logged in. Excellent service and when it happens again I know what to do.