The future's bright, the future's Brightpearl
Overall Satisfaction with Brightpearl
- Brightpearl is great for streamlining our email marketing, allowing us to use external systems (such as mailchimp) with our Brightpearl customer lists to send out relevant, targeted emails that get a much higher response and much lower unsubscribe numbers than sending out generic emails to all customers.
- Brightpearl is great for our consultants and trainers (I'm a trainer) when we're on the road. We can easily enter and submit our work expenses on the move and can always come back to attach receipts etc. at a later date. I find this feature useful as I work away a lot and can get my expenses paid without having to head to the office to process them (which can sometimes be 2-300 miles from where I am working.
- Brightpearl is great for maintaining our customer records. We have organised our customers using the tags in Brightpearl and have customised the data capture fields to gather the exact information we want and need about our customers. Plus, the fact we can record and trace our telephone and other conversations with our customers through Brightpearl ensures we have an easy job knowing where we are with each customer and we can feel comfortable handing over customers to colleagues who can pick up straight from where we left off.
- We did use Brightpearl for timesheets which they got rid of recently so that was a shame as it stripped from us functionality that we were using.
- A mobile app to have even more versatility to enter expenses / view customer records on the go would be great.
- More flexible licencing structure would be great so small businesses can tailor access to a select number of employees without having to pay a lot extra for having access for more people than they need.
- Overall it has been positive as we don't lose any leads which are promising to be customers and we can keep a full record of our conversations to help build strong customer relationships.
I think Brightpearl is a great tool for businesses to use. We are not a retail company ourselves and I think the way Brightpearl is heading it is going to be of most benefit to retail companies who can make use of its full features. We do not use the retail features and instead use it to store our customer records, expenses etc. and, until recently, our timesheets too.
If you're a retail company I think Brightpearl will be of the most benefit to you but we also get a good use out of it even if we don't use its full potential.