May 27, 2016
Score 6 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with DiscoverOrg
DiscoverOrg was used by the marketing and biz dev department to do background research on potential clients. Whenever we would hear of a potential company to represent our MBD team would do research to provide to attorneys. Part of that research included key financials of the company, who the key players and executives were - even something as simple as what does the company do. When meeting with a potential client about legal services no stone can be left unturned - we had to be as knowledgable as possible about the target.
- Key executives - something that could be outdated and incorrect easily - generally speaking was accurate
- Easily understandable company profiles
- Financials - almost all profiles had at least some financial information which is often hard to get
- Financials were sometimes incorrect
- UI was not optimal - user experience could have been better
- Support was nonexistent- was never trained on the platform
- Definitely increased efficiency - it provided one stop shopping for all our research needs
- Faster lead conversion for sure - we were able to get pitches and background packets done quicker allowing us to close deals faster
- Attorneys were our customers and they were always happy with turnaround times which was helped by DO
I generally found the key executives and company background info to be more accurate on DO than CapitalIQ. I will say capIQ had better financials - I worked a lot with the C&F group so CapIQ was needed more frequently than some other practice areas - I needed financials msot of all to know if it was a lead worth fighting for
As stated earlier we generated background research reports and pitches with the help of the discoverorg tool - anytime we had a target we created a background research packet on them so that we could give the attorneys as much knowledge as possible on the company to better our chances of gaining the business.
It was best for company descriptions and details and key executives - if I really needed financial info I would generally look or double check elsewhere. However, for basic company info there was no resource as valuable as discover org - it was truly my go to platform in that regard.