Overall Satisfaction with Druva
Druva is being used by all laptop users in my organization. We also help other organizations and we recommend it to be used on laptops especially for people who travel a lot as well as VIP users. It eliminates the risk of data loss for end users and removes the complications of using distributed file system (Dfs) shares as we used previously.
- Scheduled backups which can be forced on users for the console.
- Restore of backups by the user as needed without the intervention of IT admins.
- Has apps which can be used for Android, iPhone and it works on the Mac OS too.
- Druva's backend database is complicated and if it gets corrupted recovery is difficult.
- Better employee satisfaction.
- Less involvement of IT teams for backup issues.
Druva has both cloud and on premise versions which is useful. Earlier on, it only used Amazon cloud but now they are considering Azure which is a good strategy and should build on that. Also if the end point size is too much and the customer is using the on premise solution, sizing should be done carefully and database health should be monitored carefully and backed up regularly.