Overall Satisfaction with Hootsuite Pro
We use Hootsuite internally to schedule the majority of our social media posts on our Facebook Page, LinkedIn Company Page, Google + Page, and Twitter accounts. We also use it to post on behalf of our clients to their social media accounts. Lastly, we train small business owners and entrepreneurs on how to use Hootsuite for their businesses. We use the reporting tools for some of our clients and for ourselves.
- Posts to Google + (limited API access, so this is a big deal)
- Posts to LinkedIn Company Pages
- Posts to Facebook Page (and personal timeline)
- Posts to Twitter
- Sharing access to any social media account outside the organization is tricky. Clients who wish to share access have to give up their free or paid accounts and be added as a team member within your organization as a paid seat.
- Teams were a nice addition for granting/limiting access to social media accounts, but there aren't separate dashboards per team; all of the social accounts are managed by streams in tabs on one dashboard. With more than a few teams this is cumbersome and annoying.
- Bulk upload by CSV sounds great in theory, but most clients cannot manage it (expert level competency needed to accomplish this task.)
We have had between 1-6 people using Hootsuite at any given time. I am the Super Admin and then I have added account managers as team members (and occasionally a client.) Interns are sometimes given access and all of their posts require approval before they will publish, wish is a great feature.
- Hootsuite is a real time saver. It allows us to post and schedule efficiently.
- Responding to social media comments and messages quickly is vital. Hootsuite allows us to see who has responded, what they said, and when.
We are still using Hootsuite primarily because of the Google + posting option, which most scheduling software doesn't have. The more places we can schedule to from one dashboard, the more efficient we can be.
Hootsuite Pro is especially well suited to individuals and small businesses managing their own social media. It's affordable and full featured. For small agencies managing a few clients it is cost effective and efficient, but the reporting tools and additional team members add extra cost. At a large agency level, it's most likely time to graduate to a tool where multiple brands are easier to segment and manage.
Hootsuite Feature Ratings
Using Hootsuite Pro
At this time we are satisfied that Hootsuite offers the most of what we are looking for at the most reasonable price point. As the social media landscape and monitoring/scheduling software changes, so do our needs. We re-evaluate our tools semi-annually or as new tools emerge onto the market. If we find at any point that we aren't gaining an advantage, then we are open to switching products.