Huge initial outlay leads to huge gains in productivityhttps://www.trustradius.com/document-managementIT GlueUnspecified9.1321012018-04-23T19:00:38.079Z
April 23, 2018
Huge initial outlay leads to huge gains in productivity
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with IT Glue
We are using IT Glue to document our MSP clients as well as our internal SOPs and KBs. We chose it not only because it appeared to be the most robust documentation solution for MSPs available, plus it integrates with a large number of our other tools. The ultimate goal is to have IT Glue be the central repository of information for our entire organization. We were previously keeping our clients' network books in OneNote and Excel spreadsheets and our internal documentation scattered around a shared drive and SharePoint.
- Linking related items together to form a big picture view of a network and all of its moving pieces.
- Integration with our PSA and RMM to provide alerts by creating tickets for things that are expiring like domains, certificates, warranties, and documentation.
- The ability to track our users' engagement with the tool to encourage a culture of documentation and standardization.
- Like many other MSPs we had the majority of our SOPs and KBs in Word docs. The best case scenario would be to simply drop those files directly into ITG without having to import them into the ITG documentation format. The import function is so broken as to not be an option because it completely ruins formatting and tends to drop images. Thus we have to manually copy/paste text and individually upload each image.
- They marketed the product as having true branding but that is stretching the truth. SSL is not an option so client-facing documents will give security errors in browsers. ITG does not appear to be concerned about this even though security is a major concern for all MSPs.
- We've had a number of false starts on getting all of our clients' assets documented. The culture shift just has not happened yet and there is a general lack of trust in the data.
- It's nice to not have to go hunting for information about client assets anymore. We can be much more productive this way.
IT Glue out of the box has all the basic tools to document a client environment and the customizable flexible assets mean your documentation and relationship mapping options are limitless. However, getting ITG set up in your organization requires a significant amount of time and effort and a culture shift to be sure that the data remains current. Everyone needs 100% buy-in for it to work, otherwise, they will stop trusting the data and stop using the product.