Overall Satisfaction with Mailchimp
We create monthly newsletters on behalf of our marketing client. It is used by the Sales and Marketing department, not the entire company. It's a cost-effective way to communicate with both commercial and residential customers for the company. It was important to have an easy-to-use tool so in-house staff could be trained to use it in a short amount of time on an as needed basis.
- Embedding video is a simple drag and drop
- Adding a variety of layout blocks is simple
- Customizing templates for company branding
- Would love to have access to the html code
- Don't have any other issues
- Hard to measure brand awareness, but seems to have gotten a bump up
- We don't track conversions from the email, but open rates have always been strong
- Price point is manageable for this small business, so it has been optimal for them
Mailchimp is comparable to Constant Contact with a primary focus on email marketing. Hubspot and SharpSpring have CRM, marketing automation, social media listening and content management, which makes them more robust tools. However, for a small company that doesn't have a need for all the other functionality, Mailchimp is a strong tool that gets the job done at a reasonable price point.
Very simple to learn to use. Tutorials are helpful and thorough. Anyone with basic knowledge of email marketing would easily get started on Mailchimp.
If you are looking to have a simple, easy to learn tool for email marketing, Mailchimp is a good option. If you are looking to have a lot of control over the HTML of the email or any kind of marketing automation for triggered campaigns, it is less ideal. Content is easy to import and edit in the tool.